It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:38 am 

Grogyan wrote:
Well my work was doing a large clean out a few days ago, and I found this book in the skip.
I thought from the cover it would be a good read, that is until I opened the front cover.

I thought that linking books were fictional, but here I have a real linking book.

It has some D'ni text, but I am not very good with D'ni, can someone translate it?

I am also very hesitant to put my palm on the swirly image, but it looks so darn real, and it is a real book!

I took a couple of photos of it.

New Zealand is +12 GMT

Well I placed my palm on the page, and it is indeed a real linking book, though I forgot to take the book with me.
Anyway, it linked me to the front door at Cyan HQ and went inside.
I told the receptionist about linking here.
Unfortunately they are too busy to give me a grand tour.
So as I started to leave, I happen to notice a Gahreesen linking book in the foyer, so I asked about it.
Apparently visitors are allowed to go to this one age, as there is a linking book back to Cyan there so its safe to travel.
The receptionist was kind enough to give me a quick tour.
I took the oppotunity to have a photo taken.

Its getting late so i'll post the photo as soon as I can, tomorrow i'll have to book a flight home, as there isn't a return linking book to New Zealand.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:55 am 

Well done to those who didn't fall for my April fools joke.
The book is a real text book, and the linking image was a screenshot of Cyan worlds HQ using google earth, the message was done using a D'ni font.
I simply printed them out and put them in the book carefully, and then took a photo of it, the hard part was to remove the noticeable seam of the white pages of the book and the printout.

But now for the other side of this topic, and the title of it will no longer change.

This is something I have been wanting to do since prologue but never got round to it.

Because of the letters U R U, I thought it would be fun to see how and where REAL people pose, as opposed to using avatars.

Simple really, if you can, take a picture in game and overlay a picture of yourself or you and a friend, and place it here.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:45 am 
Obduction Backer

I put my little sister sitting cross-legged on a Teledahn mushroom, writing a book, using Photoshop Elements (wish I had real Photoshop!). It looks very cute; I'm making a picture of it for her birthday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:52 pm 

i have one i can post :P

just need to finish it up

-Calliope KI#00193315 (MO:UL)
-Pixel KI#00189718 (MO:UL)
-Pink KI#07856185 (MO:UL)

President of the ResEng fan club ;)
Bound by reasonable constraints, the Angel of Boundless Possibilities ponders escape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:58 pm 

I dreamt I received a Relto Book in the mail several nights ago. No return address. Weird huh?

-Anonymous-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2