It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Guild of Age Crafters' SftSoK project is still alive! Here is a teaser trailer for the project:

Click!

If you want to be on the Dev Team please post! The more the merrier!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:31 pm 

Location: In the dark, behind you. With the glowsticks in my nose.
Wow. Do you have a link to your site or a little more information on the project itself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:52 pm 

Why do you start your own group instead of joining efforts with the H'uru and Age Builder team? The guys are working on tools and ages since Uru was out.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:02 am 
Obduction Backer

The GoAC has been around a long time - before tools for Uru CC were released or MOUL was even announced. We were originally creating ages with Bryce and the like, but moved to Uru when the guys at H'uru and Alcugs made tools.

We are actually working with Age Builders and have a very good relationship with them-many members of GoAC are also on AB - in fact there will be more developments on that front in the very near future.

Info on the project can be found on the GoAC forums in the SftSoK public forums :)

EDIT: Here is the info, copied from the GoAC forums:

Search for the Springs of Kehlbet (SftSoK) is a Myst fan game being developed by us (the GoAC) as a sort of add-on to Uru, almost like an expansion pack of sorts. This may change as Cyan may release tools for MOUL, but for now it will be for Uru CC/tPotS.

The game takes place in the present day Uru universe. You are an explorer who stumbles upon a book in a secret chamber leading to a library age containing a number of diverse and beautiful ages. Through the game you discover that the ages belonged to an underground D'ni writers guild, and that all these ages contain pieces of a key which opens the door to an age containing the Springs of Kehlbet. The story is still in the making and is likely to evolve as the project does.

The project is currently not moving very fast, but with your help this can change. If you have any skill with 3D, textures, concept art or anything, please post and let us know! The more the merrier!

At the moment you can find some screenshots in the GoAC SftSoK Gallery

Last edited by Mystical Explorer on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:27 am 

Mystical Explorer wrote:
The GoAC has been around a long time - before tools for Uru CC were released or MOUL was even announced. We were originally creating ages with Bryce and the like, but moved to Uru when the guys at H'uru and Alcugs made tools.

We are actually working with Age Builders and have a very good relationship with them-many members of GoAC are also on AB - in fact there will be more developments on that front in the very near future.

Thanks for the information but a friend of mine has filled me in already. I'm getting involved in the successor of the PyPRP project, some other H'uru related stuff and I'm also helping to optimize the old project a bit. I still don't know all relations between the different groups and names so I thought that GoAC wants to reinvent the wheel.

Are you still working on your own game or are you planing to work on user created content? In the former case you might be interested in http://www.opencroquet.org/

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:44 am 
Obduction Backer

SftSoK will probably come in the form of User Created content for Uru. The idea needs alot of working out, which we will do in due time :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:35 am 

Mystical Explorer wrote:
Info on the project can be found on the GoAC forums in the SftSoK public forums :)

The link doesn't seem to work :? .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Oh. I'll let Kato know-he needs to reregister the domain. In the meantime here is another link and I will fix the previous one: GoAC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]