It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

And done.

I just needed to remove the balloon and deflate it, actually. I lowered the west ladder by yanking on it, and then it was fastened down, so the east ladder was up.

The east tower is a mess. It's bookshelves, all right. Books on the shelves and more books scattered across the floor. Some of them have been ruined by weather. None of them are linking books, and none of them are written in D'ni. The language is entirely new to me; it looks like a calligraphic script, clusters of tiny fluid strokes, but in vertical columns.

It is an enormous find, but it will be a long time before I have catalogued or begun to understand what I've found.

I think this will have to be the end of this phase of Plum Lake. I don't have anything transcribed for you folks to translate -- that would be a lot of work, even to get started! So I will take a break. When I have an idea for what to do next, I will post about it.

I am very grateful to you all for helping me out. This was an experiment, and your participation has made it a success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Note: In a few days, I will post an (OOC) essay on how this went and what I could have done to make it run more smoothly. I'm looking at this as a successful experiment in fan Age presentation -- something that other people could pick up and try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

More smoothly? Gee whiz! Seagull smells a perfectionist. :) I had loads of fun. For those so inclined (read: vivid imagination, love to read), this has been a fantastic way to present a fan-created Age. Sure, I'd love to have been able to visit it online (or in real life, as it were), but it was the most fun I've had in URU in a while!

Thanks again!

Seagull

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6