It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:56 pm 

veralun wrote:
Marten wrote:
But that has proven to be especially difficult on this forum because posts slide into obscurity if they are not stickied, and there is not (to my knowledge) any sort of directive to keep the current projects that have been mentioned here stickied.

This is a thing we are looking for what is possible on these forums. Not every thread can become a stickied one, but I agree there is some major information who deserves a place where ppl can find the information in an easy way.
All suggestions in this are welcome. But for that I think we need to start a new topic.

Bumping posts can be done if a topic is not that old. We do not have a timelimit for that, but I think it is understandable that a one year old thread is not the right one to be bumped.

So again it would be great if we can find a way that we can easy find all the important information on these forums. :wink:

I have an idea. It could made better in time with guidance from the "Pros"

I would not mind adding a New section called "Threads Of Special interest" in My "All In One Post Guild Links¸
(a sticky in the Guild Forums)

Entries could be made after Any Moderator or Grand Guild Master would make a submission
to me through a post over there or through a PM.

Or I could create a similar list in a new sticky, top of General discussion.

What do you think, Veralun and Grand Masters ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I brought this post over from this thread so we can start here the discussion what ideas there are about easy finding the major information about the Guilds.

@Artic_Wagon: I think this is a good start.

Please to all: come with ideas so we can see what is possible here. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:23 am 

I think such stickied topics would be a very good idea.
However, I do feel that the Guild of Greeters should be put at the forefront of these guilds for the simple fact that they are aimed at getting new people on the right path - from there perhaps links to Rel.to, another site I found very helpful, and perhaps to the TCT. That way there is at least some sort of spring-board for new people to jump into the action.

I will not hear a bad word written against the other guilds, HOWEVER, they are very topic-focused; without knowing exactly what they are talking about, the jargon tends to wash over people's heads (even people who have been playing Uru for a long time and who have returned from a year long rest :p). Imagine just how confusing it must be for a new person to come across a whole new net lingo. This isn't the usual "LOL", "CREDZPLX", and "KTHXB" stuff, this is complex! "Well, referring to RAWA about the D'ni script around the base of the Great Zero in the Hood and how it links to something I saw in one of the Pod ages..." combine that with the fact that we are also getting technical on a hard-ware and soft-ware level with the networking (user base shards, etc) I get the impression that people will start to try to claw their brains out in confusion and then shunt back to World of Warcraft or something similar.

Shevek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:56 am 

I beleive that at first we should decide if a "Sticky Thread" would be good enough
and then.......

we could initiate a kind of Bahro War to determine who is going to be in
charge of the thread and who will decide what is worth stickying. Image Image

Where is the GM of the Guild of Greeters hiding ??? :wink: :D

P.S.
Me also sending extra strong vibes toward the Guild of Archivists

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:57 pm 

A wonderful idea I think.

I do think it takes more than just a sticky. So many great topics, but the best of topics are those that help and inform.
We do have some classics though that deal with game events from MOUL.

I have seen threads on how to get Myst, Riven and Exile playing on WinXP using Agea or whatev. I cant find them for anything. I sure wish Cyan would make all the series active in the game of MORE. Wow, what alot of work that would take.

Threads and also a master list of links would be nice. So I feel a section dedicated to past threads is really an essential part of the Myst More experience.

I use these forums so much, they are a great help in so many ways. At the very least they help me feel like part of the community. When MOUL was ... well OL, I visited the forums most every day before I began exploring.

Good idea Artic_Wagon, I nominate you to be in charge of the sticky.:) Hey man, it was your idea. :)

Well back to Blendering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:18 pm 

After consultations with the gods of these forums through my lawyer "veralun", you and me are going
to "Beta Test" this idea.

Post in this special thread all the Thread's Title and Links you beleive we should have on our list

It might be a good idea if you divided them into subjects for easier access,

All your ideas and suggestions and lists are very welcome. I do not expect
to get from you all the possible links on the same day.

This will a "live experimental" project. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:56 pm 

Edited by Artic Wagon.

Reason why: One of the oldest recurrent story ! Image

Since I have joined the Mystonline forums, I have often suffered some group bashing from members of your community and I have reached what I call "The breaking point".

I feel sad for the "Good People".

Evil is the Lord of this planet and , as seen on these forums at times, he protects well his followers. My only freedom is chosing another path. The path of the loner.

So mote it be.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 am, edited 60 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:49 am 

How about the addition of Acronyms someplace, I always get stuck on what all those mean and wow we have so many.

As you suggested Artic we should flag Archivist and let them put some effort on this. I am wondering why they havent responded yet.

Maybe they are taking a respit in the Guild of Slackers and dont know about this thread yet.

This is one of those things that would be nice to have when MORE really is MORE. I mean the work on this thread should be done while MORE is LESS.

LESS - Looking to Explore Something Soon. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:48 pm 

Fezz wrote:
How about the addition of Acronyms someplace, I always get stuck on what all those mean and wow we have so many.

Shorah Feez,

Would my abbreviations list fill some of what you see as a need ?

Abbreviations and their meaning's List
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=92994#92994
Quote:
As you suggested Artic we should flag Archivist and let them put some effort on this. I am wondering why they havent responded yet.

Maybe they are taking a respit in the Guild of Slackers and dont know about this thread yet.

I sure hope they are not seeing this project as a competition to theirs. In fact, it would make
a good addition to their "Archives".

I did send a message to the GoMe to their "Submit News Forum"
as an annoncement to be added to their RSS feed...
http://messengers.sixpencemedia.com/for ... 4084#p4084

Quote:
This is one of those things that would be nice to have when MORE really is MORE. I mean the work on this thread should be done while MORE is LESS.

I totally agree and I beleive it is also the reason why "The Moderators Group" are supporting this suggestion.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:18 pm 

oops, coming back soon. lol

Edited due to a forum bug. See above post.

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:09 pm 

I PM'd managment at the Archivists... hopefully they will participate.

They certainly have one of the nicest sites in the Myst community. Great source of historic material both IC and OCC information.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:39 pm 

Thanks Artic_Wagon,

This time I have saved it to Notepad. I see LESS is already on the Acronym List. WOW !!! Thanks :)

I actually think a thank you is in order, so dont worry about others thinking you are in competition. Your just being a helpful explorer and that is always good.

Nalates thinks the Archivist have a nice site ... well I am off to see it for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:39 pm 

Btw, english is not my first/main language so if at times
you see a serie of "strange hieroglyphs" making no sense,
be gentle and forgiving toward the old bear. :oops:

Speaking of english and inspiration I am still looking
for a word that would describe a section in my Beta List
for the Abbreviations link. (something like "References" ???)

Any suggestion(s) ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Probably the most “important" thread of Special Interest. :wink:

Uru Live IC/OOC Standards Article

Merci vraiment Monsieur Artic_Wagon 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:54 am 

semplerfi wrote:
Probably the most “important" thread of Special Interest. :wink:

Uru Live IC/OOC Standards Article

Merci vraiment Monsieur Artic_Wagon 8)

Done/added in the "Cyan/Chogon's/Tweek's/ messages:" section.

Plus a copy in the "Instructions and/or Directives" section

Nous vous remerçions beaucoup/we thank you very much "semplerfi"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next