It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:59 pm 

It looks good. Almost too good. It's supposed to open all the ages and let you use flymode. Anybody else used it and does it work or did I waste a hot afternoon trying things to get it working?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

It is indeed very useful for offline stuff and does what it says.
That is all I will say.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Bubba Gump...this is a hot topic on this forum...You may want to direct inquiries about that program to http://forum.guildofwriters.com

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:09 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Drizzle is not something that can be used with MOULagain, although it has been used with previous versions of Uru.

However, I would bring this post from Chogon to your attention:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... ht=drizzle

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 am 

Thanks for all the answers. I guess it still holds true that if something looks too good to be true - it probably isn't completely kosher. I certainly won't rock the boat and possibly hurt anyone by using this newly found tool. Thanks for the courteous replies. I'm on our side - always was, always will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 am 

No no no.....

Bubba Gump, don't get the wrong idea. Drizzle is a fine tool to use and is not as controversial as it seems. If you go to the GOW and read up about it, you'll find all about what you can do with it.

It's not a newly found tool. It's a tool created by a long time fan and good designer, Dustin. This forum however is not the correct place to discuss it.

If you have any further questions feel free to PM me and I'll tell you more about it.

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

It is also the easiest way to download fan ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:14 am 

Is it actually acceptable to use it in offline URU, or do people just continue to use it there despite Cyan's "disapproval"? I would like to know, in an official sense, what the stance is on this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:04 am 

Jairden wrote:
Is it actually acceptable to use it in offline URU, or do people just continue to use it there despite Cyan's "disapproval"? I would like to know, in an official sense, what the stance is on this...

Cyan has given neither approval nor disapproval. This is one of the areas Cyan needs to work towards and hasn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:04 am 

The official stance is (and will remain for the foreseeable future): Drizzle was not written by Cyan. Cyan did not give permission for Dustin to write Drizzle. Drizzle uses information that was reverse engineered from Uru (violation of the EULA and ToS). Therefore, no matter how great Cyan might think Drizzle is, they cannot approve of it because doing so would be a conflict of interest with their EULA/ToS.
This is the stance on all fan-written tools.

Fan-written Ages however, are encouraged by Cyan. It's tricky because the only processes of creating fan Ages are not approved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:22 am 

Well, be fair. The only process of making a fan Age playable is not approved. One cannot play 3DS-made Ages without converting them, but one can certainly construct them.

What's funny is that the tool, that converts those Ages, is Drizzle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:17 am 

Whilyam wrote:
Jairden wrote:

Cyan has given neither approval nor disapproval. This is one of the areas Cyan needs to work towards and hasn't.

AFAICT, Cyan is keeping all of their options open. They haven't taken any steps against Drizzle or ULM, but reserve the right to do so. Granting any kind of approval to such tools could undermine their position should they ultimately choose to exercise their rights.

OTOH, these forums have three sections specifically for fan-created works, in spite of the fact that there's no way to actually make use of such works without the use of non-approved tools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:45 am 

I assumed those sections were there for the discussion of projected fan Ages in OS Uru when it happens, and were put in as an earnest of things to come. As I recall the sections were there before Drizzle existed (though not before ULM/UAM).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:22 am 
Obduction Backer

Quoting Chogon:
Quote:
Just to make clear Cyan Worlds' stance:
Cyan Worlds has *not* given any permission for the Drizzle program to the creator(s) of Drizzle or anyone using it or any derivative work of Drizzle.

and rule 7:
Quote:
Hacking - No discussion of or links to or the presenting of exploits of any Cyan game. This includes tools used for the modifying of or distributing of copyrighted materials such as game executables, game data and game code.

I will just remind everyone here that this is not the proper place to discuss about Drizzle.

Exceptions and modifications to rule 7 will be of course made as MOULa progresses towards the inclusion of fan content and open sourcing. However that will NOT include software that modifies the offline versions, which are not Cyan's sole property.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:46 am 

Dustin got approval for the UAM years ago.

http://web.archive.org/web/20071021031537/www.cobbs.ca/bbs/archive/index.php/t-842.html[/url]

(scroll down a bit to see a copy of Cyan's email.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next