It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:49 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:39 am 

Inspired by the recent thread about Relto firemarbles getting stuck where they can't be recovered, I've written a small tool to fix game glitches that can't be reset or recovered from without outside assistance. So far, the only thing it does is reset the Relto firemarbles, but I'll take suggestions on other things to fix, if anyone knows any more such glitches. Obviously nothing that could be even remotely constituted as "cheating" will be added.

This has as much approval as it's going to get from Cyan anytime soon. I PM'd Chogon and he said "Go for it". It is not officially endorsed, and Cyan can't be held responsible if it trashes your Relto.

Download: http://stashbox.org/947784/MoulFixer.zip

MoulFixer requires the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 redistributable package from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Release Log:
1.1: Add support for Relto logs/rocks
1.0b: Fix build to not require debug runtime (hopefully fixes error 0xc0150002)
1.0a: Get rid of annoying dos box in release build
1.0: Initial release

Below here is licensing and source code links, for the lawyers and/or developers in the room

MoulFixer is released under the GPL Version 3, the text of which is available at: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
MoulFixer uses libHSPlasma, licensed under the GPL Version 3.
The source code for MoulFixer and libHSPlasma is available via mercurial from: http://dev.zrax.net/hg
MoulFixer uses Qt, licensed under the GPL Version 3. Qt is available from: http://qt.nokia.com

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Last edited by PaladinOfKaos on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Awesome stuff, mate =D

*downloads*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:50 am 

Just in case it affected anyone... There was a momentary disruption in download-link availability as I uploaded a version that doesn't pop up an annoying DOS box every time you run it >_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:04 am 

Thanks. Downloaded. Application doesn't work.Saw your note and redownloaded. Getting error:

Application Error:
The application failed to initialize properly. (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate. Tried it from my uru older as well as froman outside folder C:\temp. Cn't get past the error. Are there directions?

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:07 am 

Loirae wrote:
Thanks. Downloaded. Application doesn't work.Saw your note and redownloaded. Getting error:

Application Error:
The application failed to initialize properly. (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate. Tried it from my uru older as well as froman outside folder C:\temp. Cn't get past the error. Are there directions?

Usually that error means you didn't install the Visual Studio redistributable - the link is in my original post. If you've already done that and it's still having the problem, let me know and I'll try to find another computer to play with it on and see if I can reproduce your problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:17 am 

I thought I had it from a previos thing i'd worked on, but it loks like Iforgot to reinstall it after my last big crash and HD wipe. Will do that now. :oops: One of these days I'll get a real computer and not one of these wooden ones that can also be used as a wonderful door stop.

update: downloaded and installed the VSRedist. Removed and redownloaded and reran the MOUL Fixer. (Unzipped it to the URU LIVE folder.) Same error.

Does it matter where I download it to? Can I download it to desktop, or must it be in the same folder as the urur exe file?

(Win XP sp3, if it matters)

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:25 am 

You can extract it anywhere; aside from the VC redist, it's self contained.

I *may* I found the problem - apparently there's a newer version of the runtime than the one I linked to in my original post. There's no easy way to get the correct download link from the Microsoft website for a given installation of Visual Studio, so the one I posted before was my best guess.

New Link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

The link in my original post has also been updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:33 am 

Attempt #1: Downloaded from new link. Same problem; however I did a "repair" this time I will try to uninstall and then reinstall and see if that give better results.

hang on....

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:39 am 

Arg, No. Still "The application failed to initialize properly..."

It's early morning here and I must to bed! Have to make sure all sleep sinks deep into my brain before kids wake up. If you have any advice or fixes, I'll see it in the morning - the "real" morning. With coffee. And eggs. Not crickets and moonlight.

Thanks for the quick replies so far. I do hope this works because I love me some fire marbles!!!!

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:39 am 

I found the problem. One of my libraries is apparently built in debug mode, which doesn't work correctly without Visual Studio installed. I'm trying to track down exactly which one so I can fix the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:45 am 

Wonderful! Everything in me says stay awake and wait for the fix. But, I'm already falling asleep in the 10 seconds it takes fo things to download and half way through typing things (explains the type-os?) so morning is it for me.

thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to sseing it in all its glory.

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:00 am 

Alright, a new build is up. I've double-checked the dependencies this time, and there's no more debug stuff left. Hopefully this fixes your problem :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:03 am 

Is it possible to make C++ exe's which don't require external libraries and have everything embedded in the exe like other languages can do? If so that would be simpler than users having to download the right VC distributable.

With Delphi i can choose if i want to make it so users have to have Delphi's re-distributable files or if it compiles the stuff it needs from them into the exe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:25 pm 

Here's an idea for what MoulFixer should do: reset the relto-page with the logs and rocks. They can be kicked off relto after all. I never turn that page on for that reason.

Several Untìl shards + D'mala

Myst Online: 01486640 Uru Obsession

MO:ULagain: #731367

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:46 pm 

It might also be helpful to wriite one that puts the Minkata futbol back in its starting location, for those folks who have lost theirs... :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next