It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 4:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:14 am 

In general, the ages for all three journeyes (ABM, Pots, MOUL) can be accessed, as can your Neighborhood and Myst. You can only visit those ages if you've already visited them using the same avatar in Cyan's UruExplorer. Adding support for visiting other ages hasn't been as high a priority for me as fixing all the avatar and graphical bugs in the current set.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:54 pm 

I'm trying to build plasmaclient on my linux machine, but the compile fails with hsUint32 and hsUbyte undeclared, since I can't find them I'm assuming that current HEAD of plasmaclient and libhsplasma are diverging?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:38 pm 

Robert Kosten wrote:
I'm trying to build plasmaclient on my linux machine, but the compile fails with hsUint32 and hsUbyte undeclared, since I can't find them I'm assuming that current HEAD of plasmaclient and libhsplasma are diverging?

Ugh, yeah. Zrax changed libHSPlasma a bit. I've been busy doing Fun House stuff and reworking the PlasmaClient website, so I haven't gotten around to fixing it. I'll get it done today and post here when it's updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:59 pm 

PaladinOfKaos wrote:
Robert Kosten wrote:

Ugh, yeah. Zrax changed libHSPlasma a bit. I've been busy doing Fun House stuff and reworking the PlasmaClient website, so I haven't gotten around to fixing it. I'll get it done today and post here when it's updated.

And I'm done. You'll also need to pull libHSPlasma, Zrax missed a spot in the netcode when he changed things the first time around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:01 pm 

PaladinOfKaos wrote:

Thank you :D I'm just glad I wasn't ignoring anything stupid, all this C++ and CMake stuff makes my Java-Head swirl, I know why I leave that to the backend guys at the company ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:17 am 

The PlasmaClient site has just been updated, though most of you should notice few if any differences. These changes will make it much easier for me to work with the site moving forward. Please let me know if anything breaks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:20 am 

PaladinOfKaos wrote:
And I'm done. You'll also need to pull libHSPlasma, Zrax missed a spot in the netcode when he changed things the first time around.

Thank you very much!

Had to figure out what exact path to specify for bullet (Others might find this helpful: After following these instructions for compiling bullet on Ubuntu, where I had to replace "libxvidcore4-dev" with "libxvidcore-dev" and "libode0-dev" with "libode-dev" respectively in my Ubuntu 10.10, the following was needed for plasmaclient (from a "build" directory, as with libhsplasma): "cmake .. -DBULLET_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/include/bullet/").

One should also place win32dist/default.ini (from the plasmaclient source folder) in ~/.config/Uru Live/servers/ (create that path if it doesn't exist yet). and create a "dat" folder in the directory you want to start /usr/local/bin/PlasmaClient from. In my case "~/plasmaclient/build/dat".

After that I get a segmentation fault, probably because the "dat" is empty. Will try copying it over from Windows after work :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:06 am 
Obduction Backer

The 'dat' directory needs to be copied from your Windows or Wine installation of Cyan's MOULagain client.

Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:47 am 

You'll also need to use the dreaded 'D' program to extract the python and SDL files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 am 

PaladinOfKaos wrote:
You'll also need to use the dreaded 'D' program to extract the python and SDL files.

So I noticed :-P

When I have it running I'm going to write up some step-by-step instructions and post them. Can take a few days though, we're running a tight deadline at work, not crunchtime yet, but still means I mostly want to sleep when I'm home :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:00 am 

Robert Kosten wrote:
PaladinOfKaos wrote:

So I noticed :-P

When I have it running I'm going to write up some step-by-step instructions and post them. Can take a few days though, we're running a tight deadline at work, not crunchtime yet, but still means I mostly want to sleep when I'm home :roll:

That would be awesome. Do you mind if I put them up on the website once they're done? I've been avoiding writing them myself for months now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:09 am 

The website is still (yes, I know I said I'd move it) running on a computer in my home, and we're having a thunderstorm. It will be going down for a few hours until the storm passes. I'll move it to a real server this week, I promise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:25 pm 

Well, it's about time :P

I've been waiting for the day I can stop working on PlasmaClient and work on the actual Plasma (now apparently called CWE). That day is here (or will be within a week or two, once the dust settles). PlasmaClient has taught me how not to do things to work correctly with Cyan's code and data, and I'm confident I can jump in and start working on making the code cross-platform (that being the main design goal of PlasmaClient).

Thank you all for your support during this time. In the near future, I'll be reworking the PlasmaClient website to be a generic home for all my CWE work and related projects.There's still lots to do, and I'm looking forward to continuing to work with the Uru community and bringing new technologies to all of you.

Last edited by PaladinOfKaos on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm 

Paladin, I'm by no means a representative sample of the MOUL community, but I think I speak for a whooooooole bunch of people when I thank you for your work on PC, and to wish you the best of luck in working with the Plasma client.

To infinity, and beyond!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

PoK,

I think we can all look forward to the benefits of your work on PlasmaClient as you refocus your efforts on CWE. You're a step ahead of everyone else because you've already been learning, living, and breathing this stuff for a while now.

I am trying to understand something you said. Would you humor me with an explanation?
Quote:
PlasmaClient has taught me not to do things to work correctly with Cyan's code and data

I could read this in so many different ways - some of them quite funny. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next