It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Myst - Game Review Sites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:07 pm 

Whether it is a good thing to publicize MOULa now or wait , there are a number of sites selling various games in the Myst series. Several of those have comments open for game reviews, some of the reviews slam the games, some praise the games. Few if any seem aware of MOULa.

Now that the Myst series is coming to smart phones there seems to be some new interest in the PC/Mac versions of the games. It seems reasonable that someone enjoying the game on a tiny screen would want to see it on a large screen.

Also, there are various places where people ask for help with various Myst games. I’ve included some of those too.

If you want to add your reviews to these sites or help some people, check them out:

Myst V: End of Ages | Electronics Reviews Top

Answers.com - How to install Myst V on a mac

Who wants to build a Myst-style game?

Uru: Ages Beyond Myst | Open Video Software

Real Myst

A pointless MYST question

Just Adventure+ Forum - Myst vs RealMyst

WIP Map: Myst Island - Official Minecraft Forums – Someone building Myst Island in Minecraft

Any games like the Myst series? - Adventure Forums – Has good list of Myst-Style games.

Myst Online: Uru Lives « No Prestige

Myst Online: Uru Live – no comments AFAIK, can vote

Myst....as a movie anyone? – Forum posts – Nobody knows what Myst is…

Myst The Game The Movie The Blog

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

WOO! Alright, someone plugged my blog! I heart traffic! That's right, heart's a verb now!

Anyway, back on track. I saw that post about Myst on the Escapist Forums a while back and I felt too depressed to say anything. It makes me cry on the inside.

Myst used to be the best selling video game of all time! What happened!? Now it's come to the point where (I think) it's a big deal that Yahtzee mentioned Myst once in a column on silent protagonists.

What's even weirder is, when I mentioned H.P. Lovecraft at work recently, everyone looked at me like I started speaking in tongues.

WHY IS EVERYTHING I LIKE SO OBSCURE!?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Thanks for the links, Nalates. Interesting reading.

BlackWidower wrote:
WHY IS EVERYTHING I LIKE SO OBSCURE!?!?!?

It goes with the territory when you're a Myst-Uru fan. It's in the D'ni DNA. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:40 pm 

BlackWidower wrote:
Quote:
What's even weirder is, when I mentioned H.P. Lovecraft at work recently, everyone looked at me like I started speaking in tongues.

Yeah, that'll happen. That's why I don't think the whole Buddy Cthulhu thing will ever catch on, at least not until The Pink and Pleasant Plastic Icon Company of Del Rio, Texas starts making smiling magnetic horrors for dashboards. :)

Interesting reading indeed, Nalates. I was amused at mmohut's review of MOUL that considered "No Combat" a negative, but that got me thinking about, generally, a fan's perception of MOUL, in contrast to, well, everybody else's, and the whole concept of "popularity."

But maybe that's another thread.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]