It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:21 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:05 am 
Obduction Backer

PaladinOfKaos wrote:
PyPRP2 will target Blender 2.5 and MOULagain. A first release will be out as soon as we get PhysX export working correctly. It's being a pain, currently.

Is this functionality generic to any physics library, or specific to PhysX? I'm asking because I noticed that there's a desire at GoW to migrate CWE to use Bullet (open source) instead of PhysX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:37 am 

Sorry PaladinOfKaos that's not want I was asking.

I am asking if the plug-in programming is built using a API or not.

since I wrote that I found the official source code download locations so the question is kinda mute now. I'll just see if I can get a stock server up and running with out worrying about the hash some of the fans will undoubtedly make of it. my love affair with cyan and fan age creation ended a long time ago; time for something different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:26 am 

Dachannien wrote:
PaladinOfKaos wrote:
PyPRP2 will target Blender 2.5 and MOULagain. A first release will be out as soon as we get PhysX export working correctly. It's being a pain, currently.

Is this functionality generic to any physics library, or specific to PhysX? I'm asking because I noticed that there's a desire at GoW to migrate CWE to use Bullet (open source) instead of PhysX.

For now it exports PhysX for MOULagain and Havok for everything else. When we get around to implementing bullet, we'll add bullet export as well - libHSPlasma makes it easy for us to target multiple plasma versions in a generic way, so the physics engine change is just another version.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:02 am 

MustardJeep wrote:
Sorry PaladinOfKaos that's not want I was asking.

I am asking if the plug-in programming is built using a API or not.

since I wrote that I found the official source code download locations so the question is kinda mute now. I'll just see if I can get a stock server up and running with out worrying about the hash some of the fans will undoubtedly make of it. my love affair with cyan and fan age creation ended a long time ago; time for something different.

PyPRP2 is based on libHSPlasma, which has a robust set of options for configuring multiple plasma versions and sub-versions. If you're looking to use Plasma as a base for other projects, you should be able to adjust libHSPlasma to suit your needs (if you change any existing Plasma objects, that is)

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:22 am 

Oh I'm looking at plasma for the purpose of a single project; promised myself that if Cyan ever released the sources I'd take another stab at it.

I tried using or at least dabbling in libHSplasma a few months ago but the documentation just wasn't there to do the thing I want to do without excessive amounts of effort. I'm hoping Cyan's Sources will be enough I can pull together the bits and pieces I've been working on for the last five years. Either way my only vested interest in completing this project is that it touches on my honor and a bit of nostalgia.

Having looked at the released sources from Open Uru I am terribly excited about the chances of actually pulling off a stock server with only moderate effort. The main 3DMax plug...meh It's well commented and I'm already familiar with max plugins from another project. All I really have to do is sit down and learn blenders plugin system and find the time to properly wrap it; have I ever mentioned how much I hate python. :roll: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2