It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:20 pm 

Hey folks! I've not actually made a thread about this yet, and I would like for this idea to get some oxygen, so...

I've started an open team that makes content for Uru. Quite a few other people have done this in the past, but given that there's so much interest in how content creation should work at the moment, I'm hoping that talented community members, with skills in age creation, will be interested in getting things moving.

OSCAR, standing for Open Source Creation and Restoration, is all about making content for MOULa and compatible fanshards. It's based over here: http://forums.openuru.org/viewforum.php?f=103.

OSCAR's an open team, so if you have projects already in development that you'd like to get team members on board with, feel free to set up a thread there and detail your project.

I have a feeling that there might be questions, so this thread's for that. Please don't put general Uru design content discussions in here, though.

Thanks for reading,
Huw Dawson
Team Member and Moderator
Team OSCAR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:22 pm 

From watching the Open Uru forums, I feel they are more for people who have lots to say and little to actually do. The Guild of Writers is the better place for projects that want to see more action. Personally, comparing the way those two groups handled open source, I'd be much more receptive to a project like this on the GoW. However, if you're interested in creating content, you might want to try and find an existing project and lend your talents there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 pm 

Whilst the subforum that we're working out of is on the OU forum, OSCAR is not OpenUru.

On the topic of joining other groups - there are no other groups actively making MOULa compatible content. There are plenty of individual developers, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

I believe that Subterranean Restorations still intends to make MOULa compatible content once we get stuff finished, though I've been away a while so I apologize if this is no longer the case. In any event I wish you good luck on your project.

so you think I'd understand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]