It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:02 am 

So, it's been a little while now since MOSS became available (...right?). Unfortunately, at about the same time, I went back to school, which means that between that and work, I haven't had as much free time and consequently, have been kind of "out of the loop"--haven't even logged in to MOULa in a couple of months. However, I do take a gander at OpenUru.org and at these forums every now and then.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like we still have no public shards using MOSS and fan content--at least, I haven't seen anything about them on the forums. I'm sure the old...er..."unofficial" stuff is still running, but that stuff never gathered a very big crowd, due undoubtedly to conscientious explorers who didn't want to support it until Cyan gave the "okay".

So, I'm just trying to touch base with the community here. Are there still no authorized public MOULa shards besides the official Cyan one? And if not, does anyone have any idea how long it will be? I'd really like to play some of the fan content with a decent group of people online sometime.

MOULa KI#237576

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:37 am 
Obduction Backer

Carl, see this topic: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24798

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:51 am 

Well, that answers my first question, anyway. Have there been any estimates on how long it will be?

MOULa KI#237576

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:10 pm 

So far the best answer is here. (Some days I can't resist) :oops:

Your 'how long' is an impossible question. However, there is a list for shards on OpenUru.org. GoW is getting several things done and has information on shards.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nalates wrote:
there is a list for shards on OpenUru.org.

There is only one shard on that list that is public & running and it was publicly posted before the owner was ready for it to go public (still being debugged). Linky to the page.

http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title=Open_Source_Shard_List

"And now you know… the rest of the story." (Some days I can't resist either)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:17 pm 

Ah, thanks for that! I hadn't seen the shard list. Even though there's really not a whole lot there yet, at least now I know where it go to look for info in the future.

I probably won't be very heavily involved in this development phase. Even if I had the skillset to be able to contribute anything beyond testing, I don't have nearly as much time on my hands as I used to. In a few months that may change, though--hopefully by then we'll have at least one relatively stable shard with a decent population of players and some fan content.

MOULa KI#237576

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]