It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Do-ocracy
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:57 pm 

Long-term fan and occasional contributor here to show appreciation for the actual devs and community leaders. They know who they are/were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Silent majory/minority here, showing appreciation for ALL those who 'Do' things to keep the Uru world alive.

Cyan, grey hats, writers, cartographers, maintainers, greeters, helpers, sidekicks, leaders, followers, peace treaty folks - whoever you are, and if I've missed you, please count yourself included - - - - Thank You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you - to all you people out there making changes and progress. You're what keeps Uru living and kicking even now! :D
Much needed thread, in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah! for appreciation and thankfulness!!! ... THANK YOU ... THANK YOU ... THANK YOU ...
to all you great people, creative geniuses and friends... keeping the dream alive... /cheer ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:21 am 

Yuy, let's boost some morale about here, after the last couple of days it's needed. So thanks for everyones hard work and enthusiasm. Please don't let a heaping of incidents drive you off while others are still happy about what you do.

Maybe a "Tadaa - look what I made" in terms every newbie can understand thread every now and again would be cool, than we could all comment on the awesomeness of the work being done :).

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:03 am 

If you stand on the street corner and out of the goodness of your heart give out 50 dollar bills to 100 people half of them will complain that it was not 100 dollars. PLEASE do not let the negative comments deter you. You are greatly appreciated and are to be commended for all your efforts!!!!!!!!!

KI #02487810

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:18 am 

Great post!
I´d like to thank all the people giving their time, energy and heart blood to the community - many of them without anyone noticing. You know, who you are and what you are doing, be proud of it! You deserve it! :)

I also´d like to thank Cyan for their continuing support of a project that doesn´t give them any money since some time, in the opposite, they pay for it to keep it alive - I appreciate that, and I value that!

Without all those people who contribute in various ways, URU would be gone - so, thank you!

My IC-blog for exploration and age building:
http://dniworlds.rabenschwinge.com/blog/wordpress/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:54 pm 

Narameh wrote:
Maybe a "Tadaa - look what I made" in terms every newbie can understand thread every now and again would be cool, than we could all comment on the awesomeness of the work being done :).

I agree -- and there are at least two places where such threads seem to be welcome here on the MOUL forums:
Creativity
Fan Created Ages - General

It doesn't have to be the age writer who posts about them. There are several threads in the Fan Created Ages - General forum where an explorer has written of his or her experience in visiting the age, and what they liked about it.

A lot of work goes on behind the scenes -- setting up and running websites, wikis, community groups, those who work on tutorials and building classes, those who work on the code quietly and consistently, bug squashing...

To all of you, my appreciation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

I agree - there are a lot of "infrastructure" projects being worked on right now, things that most players will never realize exist, such as PyPRP, and those projects deserve our thanks as well. Such things are key to revitalizing MOULa, and their importance should not be understated. So....

THANKS! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:13 pm 

Dachannien wrote:
I agree - there are a lot of "infrastructure" projects being worked on right now, things that most players will never realize exist, such as PyPRP, and those projects deserve our thanks as well. Such things are key to revitalizing MOULa, and their importance should not be understated. So....

THANKS! :D

Exactly. I had never even heard of PyPRP until fiery abyss broke loose over Sturucks' assumption about it. If you don't know what people are doing, you can't help them feel appreciated and supported, hence the suggestion earlier to shout from the rooftops when you're doing something, and what, in such a way that everyone understands how much time and effort you're putting into something they will be using soon.
@ lunanne; I'm hoping there might be some way around that, as it seems it would solve a lot of simmering resentments if people could proudly present their work to everyone and receive public credit for it.

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 am 

ChloeRhodes says her pipeline of ages is changing over to MOSS/MOULa. So, we are not far from having MOSS ages. Plus there are others like Andy that are building in 3DS with the Cyan plug-in. I'm sure those are not the only two.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:37 am 

Fan ages can be talked about whether they are made with Max or with Blender.

Adrael, for example, is a superb example of the latter. It has its own threads on the fan-age subforums here on the MOUL forum. Its puzzles are very very tricky!

So discussions and showing appreciation of fan ages are possible, and have been happening for quite a long time.

Perhaps for the coding wizards people need to go to the GoW forums and show their gratitude there, if it is felt they cannot here because of forum rules. There is nothing stopping that from happening.

But here's another thought: How are the effects done in the Fun House and the Hood of Illusions? Isn't there a subforum for those places on the MOUL forum? Perhaps there is a place where such achievements can be lauded.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next