It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Sonavio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:25 pm 

If you haven't made it to Sonavio yet, check it out. It is definitely a sign of the great things to come. Plenty of clickable items; the beginnings of some puzzles; hidden areas; good music. Well-done!

Post subject: Re: Sonavio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:18 am 
Obduction Backer

stanhin wrote:
If you haven't made it to Sonavio yet, check it out. It is definitely a sign of the great things to come. Plenty of clickable items; the beginnings of some puzzles; hidden areas; good music. Well-done!

So far Sonavio is my favorite of the fan ages I've tried so far. I think it is very well designed. The puzzles are engaging with a storyline that is plausible and entertaining. The only thing is...I'm stuck!! I'm determined to figure it out though. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:50 am 

Sonavio's quite good. Though it takes quite a long time to load for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:49 pm 

Where do I find Sonavio? Went to the GoW and didn't see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:19 pm 

Sonavio is available via the ULM. Instructions are linked to from the main page of the GoMa website, www.guildofmaintainers.org.

If you need any more help, nvr2old, do feel free to post on the GoMa forum. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 pm 

Sonavio is also available via UAM. Instructions are on the Alcugs website: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle

Another place you can get help is on the Alcugs forum, or the GoW forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

I loaded it and took a quick look around (Did get a few things accomplished). It looks to be of the same caliber as Minkata. The puzzles may be better since that IMO was a Minkata weak point. Anyway it proves the point well. It can be done and done worthwhile. Thanks.

Shor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:28 am 

Image Just a little teaser for you. I have been slacking of late and I haven't made the time to catch up on the latest ages. Seeing this thread urged me to pop in and have a look for myself.

Amazing work. I love this age and can't wait to get into it. Good work, nice sounds, drip drip. Nice textures and some are just excellent. Didn't see a bad texture come to think of it.

Szark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Can I amend my comment? Maybe better than Minkata. I haven't solved it yet but it's really vexing... err... I mean fun. :D

Post subject: Just to say thanks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:54 pm 

Boblishman, I have downloaded the latest version of your truly excellent Sonavio. It gets better with each version and is maintaining the interest and wonder it generated in the first one.
I have now made it to the final reward, past those fiendish puzzles and scarlet fish.
Now I can hardly wait for the next version.
If I can make just one small critical comment? There is a small area of the pool where the sound effects are of boot on rock instead of boot in water.

But this has to be just about the best, and most complete, of the Fan Ages.

Keep it up buddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I (think I) just finished Sonavio. It's a beautiful Age, and I loved the music. But judging from the "ending", it seems there's more to come.

[spoiler] After all, aren't we supposed to find out what happened to everyone?[/spoiler]

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

thank you Adam & TOOO ... I am pleased you have enjoyed the Age.

@TOOO : Yes, you're right ... eventually landing at the centre of the spinning disc puzzle will link you to the new home of the Sonavians ... (once I have created that new Age ..! )

and ...

uʍop ǝpısdn ʇsod uɐɔ l 'sǝʎ

Ki # : 02037973

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am enjoying this age very much. But can I make one little constructive criticism? I don't know who wrote the age, but the journals need to be edited and corrected. There are numerous misspellings and gramatical errors throughout.

I mean no offense, and I'm not trying to be the spelling police. This is a beautifully written age, so the journals should be just as pristine.

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

One could argue that incorrect spelling adds to the submersion. It makes it easier to believe that the journals were written by real people who make real mistakes. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, I can certainly see your point D'Lanor. However, when I was reading the Diary, it used terms like colleage which would infer that the writer isn't just a miner for the company, but rather a scientist, professor or some other type of professional. So, a typo here and there would be normal, but not common words that are consistently misspelled. That negates the validity of the writer being someone with a higher education.

Anyway, not trying to make a big deal here. Just trying to help and give some outside perspective. I am just enjoying the age so much and wouldn't want anything to detract from it or keep it from being seriously considered when Open Source is released. So, it was more of an attempt to offer a suggestion for the next update, etc. I was trying to be helpful rather than critical, but it's not always easy to show emotion or intent through written word in a post.

So, please just take this with a grain of salt and all good intentions. :)

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next