It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 2:06 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:32 am 

Shorah

I Just got finished with Ecsher's Relativity in AutoCad and would like to have it as an addition for Uru. however the programs needed are a bit alien to me in comparison to AutoCad. I had hoped to attract some attention to my project and see if anyone would like to help. Some of the Best ages are a result of a collaboration of several people all specializing in one specific aspect of age creation. Also am unaware of this particular sketch ever being done in a virtual world and we could be the first. I have already mentioned this on the GOW forum and thought it might help if I mentioned it here.

Relativity in 3D

Download at bottom of the page, and a special thanks to the Guild of Writers site for hosting it.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:29 pm 

I've seen Relativity built in SL. There are tools to move Acad to SL but they are expensive as they are made for architects using OS grid servers to present designs to clients. You might find a freeware transfer tool.

It is possible to move Acad models to Blender. Form there they can be made into an age with minor changes.

The SL builds make for an interesting translation from a 2D representation of a 3D place to an actual 3D place.

You may not have any takers on a cooperative effort as I suspect the Acad to Blender step is uncommon to most age builders. That is why I suggest getting it moved to Blender. Those that wold be interested are probably on GoW's forum.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:43 am 

Unfortunately I may have hit a legal snag, I just found out Ecshers work is still Copyright, Im not sure how to proceed at this point. Im not to familiar with copyright laws as I have never really had to deal with them before. Im not even sure if what I have done is a copyright violation, but just in case Im gonna take down my pictures and I am thinking about writing them a letter telling them of my intentions and request permission to proceed with the Relativity age. any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:19 pm 

Turns out as long as its not the original it should be ok

You'll havta excuse me I still get a bit Paranoid on occasion :oops:

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:12 pm 

Its smart to have taken it into consideration.

Think of copyright as a copy prohibition. In books the theme of stories repeat without being a violation because while the same they are different. Boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy proves to be a mean person/people, girl dumps boy, boy changes to win girl back (comedy stories spend time here), boy and girl marry (live happily ever after version ends here), boy reverts to mean person/people, boy and girl divorce (tragedy stories end here), boy and girl continue to fight (drama stories), girl get restraining order - hires detective - is saved and falls in love with detective... you get the idea... how many times have you seen these stories redone?

Art is the same. You can paint/draw/whatever your interpretation of an art piece no problem. If it is too much like the original then there is a problem, forgery.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:55 pm 

In the picture posted in the OP I tryed to stay as close to the original as possible as far as the structure is concerned but I added color to it so I could keep track of where the planes (blue) and the Barriers (light blue) ext ext are to make it easier for me to figure out later on. Then I realized their hasta be more places to wonder and explore so I added to it what would normal be outside of the drawing or behind one of the walls.

In your opinion do you think its different enough where I would not havta worry?

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 am 

I do... not that that means a whole if the Escher folks think differently.

Ask your self it will mistaken for the original work. Also, since it is civil law one must show damages. If you are not costing them money, making money from it, or damaging their reputation it's probably not a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
To me, your picture looks "inspired by" the Escher original.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:50 pm 

Well I was lucky enough to get Kaelisebonrai From GoW to take in to the next level. I'm hoping it will be out soon but if the graphical part that I did and the length of time it took to is any indication of how much time its gonna take to finish it. it will be a while. But well worth the wait.

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:37 pm 

Well unfortunately Kaelisebonrai was already working on several projects and to add Relativity was just to much.
Understandable Relativity does not seem to be an easy one to adapted to an Uru formate. So unless I can figure out some of the various programs needed which is very unlikely at this point: or gets someone else to take it on, its gonna be put on hold. I had hoped to put a small team together of people specializing in different aspects of age creation, and start to help produce a series of ages with a different quality to them as a group project but things are getting a bit slow and I'm not sure how to go about doing that, So its back to Auto Cad with me

Maybe I should send it in to Cyan (as if their not busy enough) and hope their are some MC Escher fans their willing to take on the project.

Any how I might have it up one day

After putting up with me as long as the Community has it would have been nice to give something back perhaps
I'll get lucky who knows

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:28 am 

In case anyone wants to check it out here is the download

its a 3D Studio Max file

It Still needs work but the graphics are all their.

M.C. Eschers Relativity

Edit to add: Wow over eighty downloads I wonder what you guys are doing with it?

E=mc2

Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

this looks great

you ask what i am doing with it.....
i am looking to learn, so i will ripping it apart to learn how to do 3d building

MO:ULagain; Brainz KI#00155015
Second Life; Brainz Honi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 am 

Taking it apart is easy, its putting it together thats the hard part. and adding a third dimension to an existing 2 dimensional drawing and making it into a Uru compatible age does pose some interesting challenges.

With over sixty downloads so far I was getting kinda curios. I hope to see it as a downloadable addition to Uru CC or MOULa someday but im still having a bit of trouble figuring out subworlds. Maybe some one will beat me to it I doe-know. Any way thanks for telling me and im glad I could help.

E=mc2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]