It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:49 pm 

Hi everybody!

I also finally got started with Age writing and I'd like to show you a technical demonstration video of the age I'm currently working on.

If you might want to read a bit of the story of the age first, look at the first post of this thread on the Guild of Writers forums:
http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtop ... f=9&t=4283 (Click on the "TAHWAH DIARY" spoiler tag link.)

Here's the video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rk-IumNn1Q

I'm pretty sure that this might raise some concerns concerning RAWA's Guidelines for Official Story/Age Creation. For this reason I already sent him a PM to clarify if such an age (and such a story) would be "allowed".

Cheers,

The.Modificator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm intrigued by the concept and execution of this Age.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Intriguing! Not exactly canon in regard to how ages are created, but I'm very impressed with your innovation and technical know-how. Very creative. You might be able to pitch this as a sort of training area or game area, with the "Age" you create via the sketch pad being a very elaborate representation of what the "real" age would look like once you actually wrote it. Sort of like the holodeck from Star Trek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 pm 

sideshow118 wrote:
Not exactly canon in regard to how ages are created

True, but did you read the story I wrote about this age? Taking RAWA's rules literally this age would actually not contradict them. That's why I wanted to go sure and PM'ed him. ;)

sideshow118 wrote:
Sort of like the holodeck from Star Trek.

That's a good alternative approach for the background story and the age design in case RAWA says that the current version shouldn't be allowed. Actually I've also already though of something similar for this case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:58 am 

I'm still in awe of this inspirational idea. :wink:

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:16 pm 

Simply amazing. This opens up a lot of possibilities for encouraging player participation and interaction. Regardless of canon, legal or otherwise issues, it is creative and useful. Good luck with making it all come together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:23 pm 

Well about canon in my opinion it is very subjective. The Ki for example.. you back in the day up until Myst IV you would say that that kind of comunication between ages was not canon. But it was stated that it was a secret D'ni project and the public was only having access to the KI and Nexus near the time of the fall. So if The.Modificator says in his history that it was a very secret project that almost no one in D'ni knew about, and even explains how the machine could use a template to create a descriptive book then i say canon.. Cyan used the exact same plot development to introduce the KI. It worked and it can work again. Who knows what secret projects the guild of D'ni had that most of the population didn't know about? The secrets techniques master writers might have developed that were banned or even only known to the highest of guild members? There is no piece of information released so far that could deny the possibility of secret projects of D'ni or even this project in particular.
I say go The.Modificator. You Rock!!! You are doing something extraordinary that many didn't think possible!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow, a wonderful idea. Amazing that you were able to pull it off.

I read on the forum about how it's accomplished -- it runs Blender in the background and automatically wiggles the mouse to draw, then exports the Age to an Uru Age. That is such a filthy, filthy hack. I love it!

I would love to see this in MOUL. I hope your little "story" is good enough to consider it canon. I can believe that there was a secret group of D'ni who built technology to automate Age writing. In programming, we write programs which automatically generate other (simpler) programs. Why not have an Age which automatically generates other (simpler) Ages?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:17 am 
Obduction Backer

This is sooo stunningly mind-blowing, Modi and all involved!!! I am absolutely speechless!!!... :D

Thank you for sharing this here with us as I have not so much time to additionally monitor
the other Guild forums... When I think of the beginnings years ago it is really amazing what
you all are already capable to achieve and accomplish...

I, as many others, I believe, really hope to see and explore such environments being
implemented in the D'niverse... I'll definitely watch out for further developments...
Kudos, what a great idea!!!... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm 

Awesome--please keep up the great work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 pm 

This is really fascinating stuff. Well done. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]