It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Office or Atrium
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:31 am 

Trying to decide a name for this Age. It's in the cavern somewhere.....and I've been calling it "New Office" but the main area is actually the Atrium connected to it.

What's the D'ni word for Atrium? Might call it that.

Anyways, here's some pics and a video. This Age started life in Blender....but I moved it to 3D Max and used Cyan's plugin. So you can have a taste of what a finished product using Cyan's Plugin is like. I'll be done with it in about a week:

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

And the short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVrYmypIHQ

PS> hope I put this in the right place.....

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:35 am 

New updated video of the place. Decided to call it "Neolbah"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu7taKSRB7Q

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:55 am 
Obduction Backer

Very nice work. I hope that someday soon I will be able to explore Neolbah in MOULa. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

This looks very promising, Andy, thanks for sharing... :D

You know how to create ages, I always enjoyed and liked to explore all of
your worlds and I'm also looking forward to exploring this one and following
its developments until then...

Actually, I saw your post before and I was really looking for an appropriate name,
as you beginning with Ne or N' for "around" plus something more like water = ahno
or well = ahgo, in that direction, or fahdho = open space would be nice as well, and
then I forgot about it again lol, but Neolbah is a very nice and more obvious choice... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Boy did that give me the itch to explore the cavern. I really wanted to see what was at the end of the walkway. And then beyond that. And then beyond THAT! :lol: By the way, did the room have a ceiling or was it open to the cavern? I couldn't tell from the video. Just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:26 am 

The "ceiling" is open, kind of like the Guild Pubs or the Great Tree Pub. You'll see the cavern, with some windows that are lit. :wink:

Thank you all for the compliments! Not everything goes right however......I mean I can't seem to get this door to open up all the way!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oDyT-TEV4M

:lol: :lol:

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

:lol: Maybe if you do a running jump like the bridge in Teledahn you could - if the angle and momentum were just right - quite possibly, with a little luck, break your ankle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:41 am 

A new update of Neolbah has been released.

New notes, journals and puzzles are now in the Age.

More information can be found over at the GoMa and GoW forums of course.

Enjoy!

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 am 

As a frame of reference for us all, how many total hours of development time so far have gone into what we are seeing at this stage?

...I seem to recall that It was paraphrased by a fan somewhere in these forums that RAWA once might have said that they didn't have a firm release date -- shortest would be 1 year, longest would be 3,4,8 or 10 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:49 pm 

Regnad Kcin01 wrote:
As a frame of reference for us all, how many total hours of development time so far have gone into what we are seeing at this stage?

Hard to answer, as it's not been worked on continously (and because during the weeks between my first release and this 2nd release, I've been involved in a very large project that's Uru/MOUL:a releated). However let me try to add it up for you:

According to my blog over at the GoMa forum, I started work on this in Blender back on Feb 20th, and worked on and off on it until about March 20th (off and on you understand, 3 to 5 hours a day or so). Right after that, my hard drive bit the dust. I had to go out and purchase Windows 7.

Being a person that preaches backing up your data, it's a shame I didn't practice what I preached, and I lost everything, including the original Blend files. Once I was back up and running, I spent mid April and most of May, not working on anything but instead I created a lot of tutorials for Age Creation using Max and Cyan's Plugin.

I had to import the Age files into Blender, and then export them so that I could import them into Max and work on the Age there.

So Mid May to Mid June I spent a lot of time working on it. Then gave my first release of it.

I then spent the weeks from mid June to last friday working on the other project I mentioned and had not be able to touch Neolbah until this past weekend.

Soooooo......Just over 2 months of paying attention to it. More than likely if I added up the actual hours spent on it, it would come to something like 2 weeks or so, but I didn't keep a log of hour to hour of work on it (IE like if this was my job and I spent 8 hours a day clocked in and working on it). So those are just rough figures.

Right now, the other project I'm working on for Uru/MOUL:a, I'm averaging 8 to 12 hours a day on it.

My Tutorials

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]