It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Age of Akashic.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:26 pm 

First off I know Akashic is not a D'ni word, just bear with me.

So here is the premise of this Age, back when the D'ni lived in the cavern, their was a member of the Guild of Writers who was banished for writing an illegal Age. After his banishment, he received a vision that urged him to write an Age he called Akashic. His original idea was to write an Age that protected the Library of D'ni from unwanted people. He wrote the Age from the Art shown to him through the visions. The Art he saw was unlike any the D'ni had, so he really did not understand what the Age was going to be. The Age was inhabited by a people who called their world Akashic, on the edge of their world, they found a vault that is said to contain all worlds. To the writer of the Age, he thought it was a library filled with all possible linking books. After finishing the Age he left his journal for the Guild to find, and went into the Age to seek the library. The Vault is protected by twenty locks (puzzles) along a long path leading to the Vault. Once the Guild got a hold of the Book and Journal, they began to study the alien code. From what they could find, the Vault was another Age all together, that contained more then just linking books, the theorized that it contained Yahvo's Age. They then realized that opening the Vault would make Akashic very unstable and that is opened more then four times, the Age would be destroyed (It has been opened 3 times).

So here is Part 2. After the Guild finished studying the Age, they locked it away deep in the Library in Ae'gura where they hid all illegal and experimental Ages. During the DRC era, the Guild of Archivist (An off shoot of the Guild of Writers and Maintainers) are responsible for archiving all the books and Linking Books and any information about them in the Library. After a while they came across the room where the original Guild of Writers hid all the banned Ages. One member discovered Akashic and called a team together to explore it (Thinking the Vault contained a Library of Linking Books). Half the team was based in the city where you warp into Akashic, and the other half went to look for the Vault. On the way, the founder of Akashic realizes what is in the Vault, and let the rest of the team know. All but him agree to open the Vault, despite the threat of destroying Akashic. At the end of their journey he kills the rest of the team, and opens it himself (For the 3rd time). He leaves his journal (which is what I am currently working on) which contains the clues on how to open the locks.

Gameplay wise if I can make it into a playable Age, would include the City as well as all 20 locks leading up to the Vault. Since opening it again would cause Akashic to be destroyed, the last person put a failsafe on the last lock to keep the Vault closed. The main mission here is to gather the information on the Age left behind by those who came before.

I read the rules on Ages, and I hope I did not break any, if I did, I will rework the story and the Age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can make an age called anything you want...I like the story..Who is the explorer in this? Other than I or they if you will
? Character.....

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:57 pm 

I haven't given him, or the writer a name, and I don't know if I will. Most of the journals you will find are written by him and are in first person. If you can't tell, this Age was inspired by Kadish Tolesa. I am also mentioning another Guild, the Guild of Thinkers. They go into Ages in order to figure out any kind of puzzle that might be in it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]