It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 1:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Grand Age of Bivdil
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:59 pm 

Hi again! While I'm waitin for my Bahro question to be ansewered, I want to share my age idea. I will only share part of it for now, but I will reveal the rest if you like it. Ok so here it is: The age of Bivdil!!

You link in to a small dark room deep underground. A flashing red light is on. You can make out two doors: one on the left and one on the right. The left door has been forced open, but the right door is sealed tight. You take the left door.

I have a whole walkthrough for the age, but im not sure if I should post it here, so ill post it later. This age has not been designed, drawn, modelled, or explored in any way. I just have the plot, ideas, maps, journals, and total walkthroughs made. I have no skill at blender, so ill need a team. But, for now, heres the overview of this part of the age:

This area was a maintainers outpost built on hill with tunnels leading into the ground. There are several rooms and training areas scattered around. After reaching the end of the tunnels, you take an elevator up to the top building. From there, you have to find the way out. You will need a KI to open several KI doors.

Sorry its unclear. Once I figure out how to post pictures, Ill post the maps here. But, for now, any thoughts? 8)

Bahros forever!!!

Last edited by Adm. Peary on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:56 pm 

Adm. Peary wrote:
You can barely make out a power switch in front of you, and pull it. A flashing red light turns on.

A good idea, but it might just be easier to start with the lights on. It makes sense, lots of buildings have generators that turn on when the first one fails automaticly. From a game play stance, it'd probably be better as well. The most frustrating part about Tetsonot (which is otherwise a wonderfully atmospheric age) is fumbling in the dark trying to find that one switch.

You'll probably also want to sketch out some ideas for the age, just to get a feel for how they'd look. If you got a team this would help the artists build up.

Adm. Peary wrote:
You will need a KI to open several KI doors.

It depends how many doors you want for whether this would be a good idea or not. See, if you're running through the age, the doors in Gahreesen will need just a second longer for the animation to complete then it will take you to get there, which can be annoying if you're trying to get around through it as quickly as possible.

Adm. Peary wrote:
Sorry its unclear. Once I figure out how to post pictures, Ill post the maps here. But, for now, any thoughts? 8)

Don't worry about it being unclear, most of my suggestions are just Nit-picking. However, if you want to get it off the ground, you'll have to find the "write" people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:34 am 

Thanks for the advice! Heres the deataild version of my age: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=352686#352686

Bahros forever!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:42 am 

Please Comment!!!

Bahros forever!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 am 

Well, I've read your walkthrough for your age, and I've got a couple points to make. One, is to keep it simple. A small quality age is far better than a large mediocre age. Each age in stand alone MOUL is rather small if you think about it. Teledahn is just a lagoon, Gahreesen is just two or so buildings, Kadish Tolesa can be thought of as just one very long corridor. But each of these ages are wonderfully atmospheric and fun. You should apply this to your age. How much time, in your age, do you spend going back and forth pulling switches?

Imagine two situations. In one, you travel through a dark building, find a switch, which causes the lights around you to turn on, and opening doors which were previously locked. In the other, you do that...then you do it again. And again. Can you see which one is more fun? You need to to take a good hard look at your age, see which parts of it are quality, and should be kept, and which parts are redundant and mediocre, and should be cut or polished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:46 am 

Ok, ill scrap switch 2. It wasnt even in the design anyway.

And just so you know, the part 2 of 14 was for the whole qwest, not the age. My age is pretty small, the maze is only about as big as relto, but it has alot of turnaround and backlops, though. Im going to post the pics of the maps in a minute. After everythings posted here, Ill transfer to the gow, and start makin it.

Also, teledan is Pretty big when you think about it. Theres the link in room, the passsage around it, the medium walkway to the power thingy, the buckets, floor 2, prison, outer tunnel, broken walkway. My age is smaller. I hope it looks just as nice. Im also update my walkthrough.

EDIT: Too bad, i wont scrap switch 2. It adds to the puzzle. Pics will be posted, and the plot will be reavealed. This will be an age chain!!! (dont steal any of my ideas posted in this forum.)

Bahros forever!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:14 am 

It would be nice if people could inform me of problems now that the map's up. If something is unclear, tell me and Ill fix it.

Sorry for being unclear. Im sure this age is possible, but not the other 3 sub-ages. Moving to Gow as soon as I get a forum account.

Bahros forever!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]