It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 2:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Neolbah
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:21 pm 

A new update of Neolbah is now available. This update follows events located in the "Lost Pages" thread on the Creativity forum.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:21 pm 

Here's the thread Andy referred to above (it's been merged with the 'Developments in Devokan' thread).

A lot has been going on since Andy first found the area of Neolbah.

I'm most intrigued as to what might be behind the non-working door. I'm sure there are some new sounds I haven't heard there before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:20 am 

There is a new update for Neolbah now available for download.

Fixes include fixes to the water fountain textures. New Age Description books. And several other things.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 pm 

Please tell me how or where I can download these ages. I'm not a veteran player and would love to explore them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

1. You must have a version of offline uru.
2. This page provides the program and instructions for fan ages: http://alcugs.almlys.org/Drizzle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Neolbah is wonderful as before, but I couldn't find anything new to activate or to find out though... :P

In the contrary, this time the elevator didn't work anymore, I mean, it is still there (up),but the
green knob didn't function anymore... /shrug... Maybe there's something new to do in advance
or something else to consider that I forgot?...

What is really great is the merging of all those real story lines with all those amazing ages and
to find them all in one place to enjoy and to catch up with etc. etc., I don't want to spoil anything
more lol... I didn't realize the connections before and it's amazing how this all links together in a
literal sense and seamless way...
Yeah, and I don't want to forget to mention 'Ahra Pahts Shell 415'... What a fabulous addition and
linkage that is... I immediately rolled up my sleeves as I saw there's lots of work to do, I switched
on the... ahem..., but then I thought by myself it'd be better to wait and adjust my intentions and
my enthusiasm with the rest of you lol...

All in all, this is a wonderful comprehensive 'project' and a pleasure to follow its developments, this
could very well stand by itself or on its own legs, so to speak lol... Go on having fun and spreading
your wings and just fly... Thanks, Andy, Dot and all... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:04 pm 

The elevator button didn't work for you? Did the cursor go hot?

There's a bug with Cyan's plugin. When you export your Age from it, if you've done it before there will be prp files in the export folder.
Sometimes Cyan's plugin will get funny when it has to over write those old prp files. For me it causes buttons and clickable objects to stop working in subworlds (IE elevators, etc).
The fix is to remove the old prp files and have Cyan's plugin write new ones when it exports.

I could have swore I did that.

I'll check, if it's true, I'll have to re-upload Neolbah again.

PS: The changes in Neolbah are as follows:

Changed the texture on the water fall fountain.
Fixed the colliders on the doors.
Changed the subworld for the elevator to a more correct way of working.
Added 6 new Fan Age Description books.
Updated Dot's Journal.
Added a note from Dot to me.
The 2nd Imager was just parts laying on the ground with a note from Dot. Has been now put together, note removed and an image of Kamali added to it.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ahh, now you've revealed all the news, which I didn't want to spoil lol, I mean all the new
books and notes and everything... I've recognized and enjoyed all the improvements and
additions...

The only 'thing' that didn't work this time was the elevator, and no, my cursor showed no
hotspot thingy and so I applied 'magic' lol to 'go' down to read the book again and to see
if there were any changes and down there everything is great and working just fine...

What I'm remembering right now is that in 3rd person view, standing on the elevator platform,
my avie was a bit shaking lol... Yeah, that's all, Andy, and I suppose it is as you've considered
it already that the prp files weren't overridden correctly by the plugin or anything like that...

Right now heading out to Eder Tomahn... /wave... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:30 pm 

Yah, it's still a big problem, as we're having to convert subworlds that use PhysX to subworlds that use Havok physics (The stand alone Uru uses different physics).

The main problem in figuring it all out was how to convert it. Dustin did a great job on that, and with further testing, it looks like we just about got it.

BUT......we still have some bugs that pop up.

My Tutorials

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]