It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:21 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:39 pm 

I check out some reviews on iTune 75 people out of 79 gave iMyst ALL FIVE STARS. Check it out on iTune and this community up-to-date on the reviews on iMyst :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

I also noticed that one of the poor reviews has revised and re-rated to a 5 star. . . apparently he needed to reboot his device after he installed and it is working like a charm now. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:20 pm 

Chogon wrote:
We've submitted several feature requests to Apple that would be needed for something like Riven.

Thanks,
Chogon

Confirmation of iRiven? Or as you/Cyan would probably like to say/answer, a confirmation that it possibly will be in the works in the future...
And an update for the U.S. store:
38 overall paid, 23 in games, and 4 in adventure!! It's making some great progress and if it keeps up at this rate it's going to be in the top ten overall very soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:24 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
I also noticed that one of the poor reviews has revised and re-rated to a 5 star. . . apparently he needed to reboot his device after he installed and it is working like a charm now. :lol:

I also saw one that complained that the interface was bad. His reason why? Because the game is composed of still images. All I can say to that is wow. He was also sure that the reason for this was because the iphone can't handle a seamless environment.
It surely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that it's a port of a game that came out in 93? Nah, no way.
It seems like (nearly) everyone else who has put up reviews knows what they are talking about and has given it 5 stars.
And for the record, I installed it and it played just fine right away even without a restart and has not crashed yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:11 pm 

Eleri wrote:
Quote of the day:
Quote:
Now that cursed game is a threat to my, and all of our, free time again. Myst is coming out as an app for the iPhone.

You'd better get started practicing ways to hide your iPhone from your boss. I suggest the 'under the table, held between the thighs' method.

From a pre-release report at I4U News

Oh man, today at lunch I am out sitting in my car after eating a Subway... working inside the clock tower pulling levers ("Dangit, how do I do this again?").

8) :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:26 pm 

I'm having a blast playing Myst on my iPhone. My favorite game so far...

I do have a question for you Myst veterans--yes, I'm a Myst newbie. I figured out how to get to the Mechanical age through the clocktower and was rather proud of myself despite that it was easy. I found both red and blue pages hidden in the age but I could only carry one so I took the blue page back and placed it in the blue book, etc, listened to the crazy brother...

Anyway, I went back to the clocktower from Myst Island to link back to the Mechanical age to get the red page but I cannot access the linking book in the clocktower anymore. Is that normal? Are you only supposed to be able to link once?

I reset the mechanism and re-opened the gear thingy but still cannot access the Mechanical age link book. Is this a bug or normal? If normal, is this with all ages so I must be wary about which pages I bring back?

Please advise.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

ponyboy wrote:
I'm having a blast playing Myst on my iPhone. My favorite game so far...

I do have a question for you Myst veterans--yes, I'm a Myst newbie. I figured out how to get to the Mechanical age through the clocktower and was rather proud of myself despite that it was easy. I found both red and blue pages hidden in the age but I could only carry one so I took the blue page back and placed it in the blue book, etc, listened to the crazy brother...

Anyway, I went back to the clocktower from Myst Island to link back to the Mechanical age to get the red page but I cannot access the linking book in the clocktower anymore. Is that normal? Are you only supposed to be able to link once?

I reset the mechanism and re-opened the gear thingy but still cannot access the Mechanical age link book. Is this a bug or normal? If normal, is this with all ages so I must be wary about which pages I bring back?

Please advise.

[spoiler]If you got to the mechanical age once you must have found the large gears? that is where the book is not the clock tower . . . . . Oh an good job getting back to Myst! [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:47 pm 

Thanks Mystdee. Stupid question on my part. :oops:

BTW, and I'm not embarrassed to say this, it took me several hours playing last night and during a break from work today to figure out how to get back to Myst Island from the Mechanical age. All of the clues were there—I must have visited each room a dozen or so times…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cool small detail: I seem to remember that you could only see the hands on the clock in the original Myst if you were standing directly in front of the clock, since that same slide would have to be rendered hundreds of times to display the time accurately. Now? I can see the hands on the clock from any angle! Accurately!

AWESOME! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

ponyboy wrote:

BTW, and I'm not embarrassed to say this, it took me several hours playing last night and during a break from work today to figure out how to get back to Myst Island from the Mechanical age. All of the clues were there—I must have visited each room a dozen or so times…

There are no stupid questions ponyboy. . . . except those that you never ask ;)

Oh and the first time in Myst hours is not bad at all. . . . I know people who took weeks to get through an age :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:17 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
ponyboy wrote:

Oh and the first time in Myst hours is not bad at all. . . . I know people who took weeks to get through an age :)

Or years... >.>
I was 7!:P

It's great watching Myst climb up the lists!
In the U.S. App Store, it's:

#23 in the Top Paid All Games category

#4 in the Top Paid Adventure games category

#37 in the overall Top Paid Apps list!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

:lol: I know it's Phenomenal !! w000t!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

'Tis indeed great watching it climb... :D Currently in the UK store:

40 for all paid apps
25 for games
4 for adventure games

Still only eight reviews, though - perhaps they're slow to approve?

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:51 pm 

Cubkyle wrote:
Mystdee wrote:
ponyboy wrote:

Or years... >.>

What MystDee & Cubkyle said. :) I too think "hours" to get to & return from Mechanical Age is pretty impressive. I played Myst originally in 1995 (slightly late adopter because I had to save up for a computer with a CD-ROM drive :shock: ) & for me it definitely took weeks! if not months--and I didn't have the excuse of being 7, lol @ Cubkyle. (I can also attest that there was definitely a butterfly in the original PC version as you walked down from the fountain towards the clock tower.)

Watching Myst climb the iTunes charts--may it go ever higher!--is wonderful, & I'm enjoying the excitement on this thread almost as much. In between rounds of playing. :)

[spoiler]I just came up from fiddling with the red buttons in the generator room & am wondering if anyone else had trouble with them? I had a really hard time "pushing" them--not so much with hitting the right one as with getting any of them to light up. I did finally manage, but I was thinking if someone didn't know they were supposed to do something, they might push & shrug & go away. Anyone else have problems?[/spoiler]

(Edited to add spoiler tag--I was trying to be vague, but would rather err on the side of caution.)

Last edited by Jane on Mon May 04, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Jane wrote:
Cubkyle wrote:
Mystdee wrote:
ponyboy wrote:

Or years... >.>

What MystDee & Cubkyle said. :) I too think "hours" to get to & return from Mechanical Age is pretty impressive. I played Myst originally in 1995 (slightly late adopter because I had to save up for a computer with a CD-ROM drive :shock: ) & for me it definitely took weeks, if not months--and I didn't have the excuse of being 7, lol @ Cubkyle. (I can also attest that there was definitely a butterfly in the original PC version as you walked down from the fountain towards the clock tower.)

Watching Myst climb the iTunes charts--may it go ever higher!--is wonderful, & I'm enjoying the excitement on this thread almost as much. In between rounds of playing. :) [spoiler] I just came up from fiddling with the red buttons in the generator room & am wondering if anyone else had trouble with them? I had a really hard time "pushing" them--not so much with hitting the right one as with getting any of them to light up. I did finally manage, but I was thinking if someone didn't know they were supposed to do something, they might push & shrug & go away. Anyone else have problems with them?[/spoiler]

It took me a while to get used to them too Jane, but now I can get them first time! (of course I must have set those controls at least 100 times in the last couple of months ;) ) [spoiler]there was not much room for increasing the size of hotspots and still keep them separate, or I expect they would have . . . [/spoiler]

Last edited by Mystdee on Tue May 05, 2009 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next