It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cool to see this is out now! Buying an iPod touch is becoming very tempting.

To anyone who has played it, how are the controls within the "spaceship"? I imagine that a touch-screen piano would either be very frustrating or very fun :D

Also, the reports about the size of this game make me wonder how they'd ever shrink Riven to a sellable size!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:20 am 
Obduction Backer

LuigiHann wrote:
Cool to see this is out now! Buying an iPod touch is becoming very tempting.

To anyone who has played it, how are the controls within the "spaceship"? I imagine that a touch-screen piano would either be very frustrating or very fun :D

Also, the reports about the size of this game make me wonder how they'd ever shrink Riven to a sellable size!

They did change it slightly and it was quite easy (as far as manipulating) to control, the puzzle itself is still the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:16 am 

I really love this game. It looks amazing, controls are good. I don't regret spending $6. But I'm still sad so say that I've paid for a game that I know all the answers to. The only thing left for me is to wander around marveling at it, and listening to the sounds. But I've had the answers memorized for some time, and I won't forget.

And speaking of bugs, I did run into one in the Selenitic Age while navigating through the labyrinth. When I clicked Forward, the video didn't play and I was sent somewhere I don't think I was supposed to go, as I ended in a place that was all dead-ends. Had to reload my bookmark from quite a ways back.

I saw an interesting suggestion by a reviewer in the app store, and though I don't think it would be likely to happen, I'd really like it to happen. He suggested that Cyan release additional worlds for download at a price (he said .99 cents but I'd pay more). That'd be a great way to keep Myst alive while the series is dead, and keep interest in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:27 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Leviathan019 wrote:
I saw an interesting suggestion by a reviewer in the app store, and though I don't think it would be likely to happen, I'd really like it to happen. He suggested that Cyan release additional worlds for download at a price (he said .99 cents but I'd pay more). That'd be a great way to keep Myst alive while the series is dead, and keep interest in the game.

That is interesting. Perhaps Rime and the added puzzle to get there, ported from realMyst as images, could be the first stop? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 am 

Jane wrote:
Cubkyle wrote:
Mystdee wrote:
ponyboy wrote:
Thanks Mystdee. Stupid question on my part. :oops:

BTW, and I'm not embarrassed to say this, it took me several hours playing last night and during a break from work today to figure out how to get back to Myst Island from the Mechanical age. All of the clues were there—I must have visited each room a dozen or so times…

There are no stupid questions ponyboy. . . . except those that you never ask ;)

Oh and the first time in Myst hours is not bad at all. . . . I know people who took weeks to get through an age :)

Or years... >.>
I was 7!:P

What MystDee & Cubkyle said. :) I too think "hours" to get to & return from Mechanical Age is pretty impressive. I played Myst originally in 1995 (slightly late adopter because I had to save up for a computer with a CD-ROM drive :shock: ) & for me it definitely took weeks! if not months--and I didn't have the excuse of being 7, lol @ Cubkyle. (I can also attest that there was definitely a butterfly in the original PC version as you walked down from the fountain towards the clock tower.)

(Edited to add spoiler tag--I was trying to be vague, but would rather err on the side of caution.)

Maybe I just ended up getting lucky but I guess the Mechanical Age was not that hard for me--if about four to five hours is quick. Anyway, I'm stuck on the spaceship puzzle but I did figure out how to get on the sunken boat and I found a link book there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:36 am 

wonderful news and wonderful to see the Myst Magic is Strong! still :)

Congrats

Programmers:
Mark "Chogon" DeForest
Derek "Danear" Odell
Karl "CaptainGravyBoat" Johnson
Data wranglers:
Rich "RAWA" Watson
Rand Miller
QA
Lloyd "lbell" Bell
Vicki "Tor'i" Almond
Special Beta tester:
"Mystdee"

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:43 am 

Another U.S. store update:
23 in paid overall!!!
15 in paid games!!
And not sure if this has changed but 4 in adventure!
Man this thing is flying up the charts!! Hopefully top ten within the next day or too!
And I've noticed that it usually takes Apple quite a while to feature an application, but hopefully that will happen soon. Often times the featured apps are already in the top ten by the time they do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:04 am 

This is a question for Chogan. I've seen in two other reviews in the app store that have mentioned the video loading circle that appears in the middle of the screen. I mentioned it in my review as well. I'm wondering if you guys just couldn't remove it. Myst is (once again) the only game of it's kind on the platform and I can't say that I've played an iPhone game yet that uses videos like it, so I don't know if I've seen the loading circle in another game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:07 am 

Good grief! Is that Max I see lurking in ChrisGer's iMyst photo? :shock: Is no virtual world safe from this intrepid feline or did Cyan slip in a secret store of iKitty chunks to lure Max away from the Cavern?

MO:UL KI# 08022570

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Myst is at the 3rd place overall in the Dutch store! :shock: :D There are currently 10 reviews (5x 5 stars and 5x 4 stars), all very positive.

It's quite exciting to see Myst doing so well... :D I'm also very glad that, in contast to Hex Isle, Myst is available worldwide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:19 am 

WOW:
UPDATE FOR U.S. STORE:
2 IN ADVENTURE
6 IN GAMES
AND.....13 OVERALL PAID.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:15 am 

True.

In terms of download rates, Myst has shot up to become the 13th most downloaded paid iPhone app today, at least according to AppShopper.

All the ones that are getting more downloads are selling for $4.99 or less, so in its price range Myst is currently the most-downloaded paid app on the entire app store. It's also still overwhelmingly being given 5-star ratings.

Go Cyan! :D

I think if Cyan's getting a good-sized cut of these sales we may be seeing open source Uru soon - and more Cyan iPhone games!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:29 am 
Obduction Backer

UK update: 3rd in adventure games, 20th in all games, and 26th overall.

15 reviews, of which 13 are 5*, one 3* and one 1* ("Unplayable on this platform: The screens are too dark, detail too small to be really effective. Shame" - has he been playing the same game as the rest of us?)

It's getting there :D

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:17 pm 

Is it too soon to call it a success? :)

Anyway, I can't wait to see what cyan will be doing next :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:41 pm 

Here's a couple of mentions from the Mac press/web:

http://www.macworld.com/article/140388/2009/05/myst.html?t=213 (includes comments)

http://www.ipodnn.com/articles/09/05/04/myst.for.iphone.released/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next