It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

thesaxmaniac wrote:
WOW:
UPDATE FOR U.S. STORE:
2 IN ADVENTURE
6 IN GAMES
AND.....13 OVERALL PAID.

Just went in to iTunes
It's #11 overall now!!
#5 in games
and still #2 in adventure. . . I have no doubt it will get that #1 soon! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:11 pm 

Nice! BTW, where do I see the reviews of other players? I searched the iphone myst page on the itunes appstore, but it says that there are no reviews.

Off topic: they are making a movie out of "avatar: the last airbender" series. I'm not a huge fan of the thing but I always thought the thing will work great for a movie. They even started shooting already. It kinda' makes me jealous, I wonder why producers don't even take a look at Myst: The Book Of Ti'ana, which can undoubtly be an AWSOME movie. Patick and Adrian are doing a good job, but without a serious co-operation with a major movie maker, the thing is going to get sloooooowww and maybe even not really good (can't see the movie not being good though). I just wish the myst movie wasn't being made by only 2 makers... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:24 pm 

Amazing!

#10 among all apps
#6 among all games
#2 in adventure games (Beating out Assassin's Creed and Flick Fishing!)
#1 in puzzle games! (Dethroning Bejeweled 2 from it's top spot!)

Congrats Cyan on Top Ten!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cubkyle wrote:
Amazing!

#10 among all apps
#6 among all games

This just rocks, really. *Sniffle of pride* Now, if Apple would actually put it in the "What's Hot" and "New and Noteable" sections, too!

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh man, Leo Laporte installed and was playing Myst on his iPhone during the most recent episode of This Week in Tech... unfortunately, he got the size wrong several times, saying things like it was a 700MB download but it'd install to only about 100MB, and other flubs. Still though, it's another decent bit of publicity I think, since I know hordes of geeks (like myself) who put a lot of stock into the opinions of those guys.

I hope Cyan is willing to share the sales figures on this after a while, it already feels like more people have bought Myst for the iPhone than were even AWARE that Uru existed in any form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

The stranger wrote:
Nice! BTW, where do I see the reviews of other players? I searched the iphone myst page on the itunes appstore, but it says that there are no reviews.

Off topic: they are making a movie out of "avatar: the last airbender" series. I'm not a huge fan of the thing but I always thought the thing will work great for a movie. They even started shooting already. It kinda' makes me jealous, I wonder why producers don't even take a look at Myst: The Book Of Ti'ana, which can undoubtly be an AWSOME movie. Patick and Adrian are doing a good job, but without a serious co-operation with a major movie maker, the thing is going to get sloooooowww and maybe even not really good (can't see the movie not being good though). I just wish the myst movie wasn't being made by only 2 makers... :(

The American Store has many If you are searching Israeli store (I am going by your stated location) Maybe they don't have that option? or maybe nobody has reviewed it? :shock: Here's a link to ours if you want to see that

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... 41991&mt=8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Eleri wrote:
Cubkyle wrote:
Amazing!

#10 among all apps
#6 among all games

This just rocks, really. *Sniffle of pride* Now, if Apple would actually put it in the "What's Hot" and "New and Noteable" sections, too!

I agree Eleri Wonder why that hasn't happened!! It is obviously hot ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

thesaxmaniac wrote:
This is a question for Chogan. I've seen in two other reviews in the app store that have mentioned the video loading circle that appears in the middle of the screen. I mentioned it in my review as well. I'm wondering if you guys just couldn't remove it. Myst is (once again) the only game of it's kind on the platform and I can't say that I've played an iPhone game yet that uses videos like it, so I don't know if I've seen the loading circle in another game.

The loading circle is built into the iPhone OS and the MoviePlayer and is played when a movie is loading and can't be disable.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

NYT bestselling author twitters about iphone Myst, Myst Books, and Myst movie

There's a metric ton of people talking about it on Twitter. Revenge of the MYST Nerds!

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:44 pm 

It still says there are no reviews... :?

mmmm, sweet success :D . I hope it can keep going like that.

And yes, sadly many people don't know about uru. It is a potential bomb, but it needs to be rethought. Even remade, at many spots. It should be a gathering place of explorers, working as a service (few online "lobbies", lot's of private areas), than completely online game, like it is today, IMO. It's a HUGE project, if only it was more popular... remaking the base is really what we need to do, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:21 pm 

it is wonderful to see the success... warms the heart indeed...

and it is wonderful to see the so beautiful places again...

adventrues of the iMax

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:50 pm 

Apple has updated the reviews for the game in the U.S. store, and unfortunately it's down to 4.5 stars overall. It's still better than most other big releases for the iphone. I haven't seen a legitimate one star review yet, most comprise of: Broke my ipod touch/iPhone, won't sync, crashes all the time, game is too big (one claims 2.1 gigabytes!!!!). I don't know but I've played it for several hours and have not crashed once...anyone actually experiencing repeated crashing on here? And one thing that's bugged me about the press is how much they are focusing on the size of the game. Like half the articles mention that you should "beware" when buying it because it will use up precious space on your device. Yes, it's freakin huge. WHO CARES. And there wasn't anything Cyan could do about it; everyone seems to think that they could just magically compress it to like 100mb. Gosh it's got me all worked up haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:53 pm 

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/m ... or-iphone/

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, me too but the majority of the people are lovin' it! I am guessing the people having the problems haven't got good internet connections or something I had no problems downloading or installing and No I have never had multiple crashes (except for those darn Birds Chogon mentioned . . LOL :lol: ) certainly not in the current version. Some of the problems being mentioned are probably the device, operator problems ;) or low memory/battery resources . . . something like that

Oh, cool article CrisGer except he's got Tony as CEO and Rand As President. . . instead of Vice-versa! Still interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:11 pm 

If you Twitter you can see the buzz about Myst iPhone.

I'm new to Plurk. People are there talking about Myst. One guy 'beat it in 5 minutes' ... :shock: ... right... They don't seem to have trends or I don't know how to find them. Searching on Myst brings up their Plurks.

You can help get word around by posting a 'daily' twitter using the words Myst and iPhone in it. I doubt we have enough people to make it a trend, but we might. If it does make a trend then lots of people will pick up on it.

I have not played with my MySpace account for some time. Not sure how well MySpace and Facebook are spreading the word.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 32  Next