It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here is a movie of my 3 yr old boy Ben's first go at MYST on my iPod touch :) he knows the island fairly well already from Real MYST - but this was our first time with it on the iPod, just after i'd got it on there.

Because he's used to the full 3D of Real MYST i thought he'd probably struggle with and quickly get bored of the original static image way ... but noooo ... he's straight in there and going with it! He 'gets' the navigation instantly and it's fascinating to watch how he gets to grips with some of the details of how it works - like turning the pages in the book, trying to put it down, swiping and touching to move in and out of places, etc ...

... also cool how he tries desperately to go 'around' the pool with the ship in, rather than go over/thro it as i lazily do - showing that he really sees it as a proper space ... and i just love it that he does.

This for me is what is so deeply fabulous about MYST ... that it works at so many important levels - and that it continues to work and hold immense meaning and mystery even between father and young son like this for me now ... thank you Cyan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very nice!
Thanks for sharing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Awesome! thanks for sharing that! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:41 am 

LOL Nice stuff Gareth. You can see the cogs turning in Ben's head. Yes I agree that is the true beauty of Myst (Cyan).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for posting that, Gareth. It is really neat watching very familiar images appear so small, and then these tiny huge fingers moving them around. "Where's my ship?" LOL, that made me laugh!

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

That was wonderful, Gareth!

It reminded me very much of when our son was learning to use our old Mac via The Manhole, Cosmic Osmo, and Spelunx.

Sigh... he graduated from college two days ago. And by the way, his name is also Ben.

Mowog

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]