It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:19 am 
Obduction Backer

Official site Myst for the iPhone™ and iPod touch®.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Suggestion for Cyan: Perhaps it's a good idea to post a link to these forums at the iMyst website? That way people can get help here when they get stuck, and they'll also learn about Uru! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:58 am 
Obduction Backer

The Hint Guide on that site doesn't seem to work :-(

And I really could use it rigth now, because I'm stuck... AGAIN :P

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:02 am 
Obduction Backer

I found out the hint site doesn't work on Firefox or Internet Explorer, but it does on Safari. If you don't have Safari installed on your pc, then just use it on your iPhone / iPod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Erik, the site works fine in Safari!

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:44 am 

It does work with Internet Explorer 8 but scrolling on the Hint(s) Page is not very smooth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

As Erik said, if you use it through the iPhone/iPod it works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:26 pm 

It is amazing that Cyan’s site has no social networking features. The iPhone has a user demographic of 18-24 age group with 75% male and 25% female with 55% accessing social networking sites. (Which also means most of these people likely have not played Myst before) There are also 55% of iPhone users using web search. (Reference iPhone Demographics)

There is little Google presence for Myst iPhone Support. However while Cyan’s welcome page is placing fairly well on general terms related to Myst iPhone this forum is already placing well on the terms ‘Myst iPhone Support’ and help, specifically the initial post asking about creating a thread. I think this shows what a huge opportunity this is to dominate the search engines for this subject.

In about 48 hours it was possible with a blog post, some inter-forum links and some Plurk/Twitters to get presence in Google.

Now we have a new section named MYST FOR THE IPHONE with a subsection named ‘Technical Discussion’ that will provide support and help. I have a problem with the subsection naming (Post) but even if Cyan does not change the section name we can correct that problem. See the post.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

@Nalates and Erik:
Cyan is working on these things.

edit:
Erik wrote:
Perhaps it's a good idea to post a link to these forums at the iMyst website?

Link added http://cyanworlds.com/iPhone/Myst_iVers ... arted.html (bottom page)

Last edited by veralun on Thu May 07, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:48 am 
Obduction Backer

brilliant !! Well done for getting this out Cyan !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:35 pm 

I noticed a couple of other things about the web site. This is in the "Extras" section.

Images to download are great, but they are not formatted to the iPhone/iPod screen size. It would be cool if they could already be the right size to go on the iPod so we could use them as the "wakeup" background. Do some portrait and some landscape. The close-up side view of the Channelwood windmill in portrait would rock, for example. Right now it is just landscape and too big and not in proportion to the iPod screen. I have Photoshop and can fix that, but many don't. I know you can put your finger on an image and the save screen will come up, the iPhone/iPod saves a low-res terrible image (should be screen resolution 480 x 320 pixels at 163 ppi, with 3:2 aspect ratio). There should be some way to overcome that so you can save it right to the device.

There are sounds in the "Extra" section too. It says the sounds are for ringtones, alarms or chimes, but there is no way to save them (other than Quicktime Pro, and does anyone actually own that). On the device, all there is on the screen is a play button. Am I missing something or is there just no way to download the sounds? If they are intended to be downloaded, a mechanism needs to be put into place to do that (again, unless I am missing that somewhere). Better yet, put them in the app store for free. Easy to find, easy to download, done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

mtn'man wrote:
I noticed a couple of other things about the web site. This is in the "Extras" section.

Images to download are great, but they are not formatted to the iPhone/iPod screen size. It would be cool if they could already be the right size to go on the iPod so we could use them as the "wakeup" background. Do some portrait and some landscape. The close-up side view of the Channelwood windmill in portrait would rock, for example. Right now it is just landscape and too big and not in proportion to the iPod screen. I have Photoshop and can fix that, but many don't. I know you can put your finger on an image and the save screen will come up, the iPhone/iPod saves a low-res terrible image (should be screen resolution 480 x 320 pixels at 163 ppi, with 3:2 aspect ratio). There should be some way to overcome that so you can save it right to the device.

There are sounds in the "Extra" section too. It says the sounds are for ringtones, alarms or chimes, but there is no way to save them (other than Quicktime Pro, and does anyone actually own that). On the device, all there is on the screen is a play button. Am I missing something or is there just no way to download the sounds? If they are intended to be downloaded, a mechanism needs to be put into place to do that (again, unless I am missing that somewhere). Better yet, put them in the app store for free. Easy to find, easy to download, done.

mtn'man you can take screenshots with your device and they are great for your wallpaper! I actually have some good ones of the channel wood windmill if you want them, PM me. As for your sounds I actually tried to buy Quicktime pro twice, but ended up getting a refund both times. it was not compatible with either of the computers I had at those times. . . . I don't know if there is any other way, I'd be interested in that answer too ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Great suggestions.
Please keep them coming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:50 pm 

Yes, you can take screenshots, but you cannot get a screenshot of this:

Image Image

That image is formatted perfectly for the "wakeup" screen (hint hint, nudge nudge, download download and add to Cyan Extra's page for others to use). The time is above the windmill and the "slide to unlock" section is below it. I shot a screenshot of what it looks like when you wake the iPod up and will add it when I get home tonight. A screenshot of the website gets you Safari stuff and the battery indicator and all that junk. I want a clean image.

EDITED to add the image of the wakeup screen. Sweet, huh?

Last edited by mtn'man on Sat May 09, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

mtn'man wrote:
Yes, you can take screenshots, but you cannot get a screenshot of this:

That image is formatted perfectly for the "wakeup" screen (hint hint, nudge nudge, download download and add to Cyan Extra's page for others to use). The time is above the windmill and the "slide to unlock" section is below it. I shot a screenshot of what it looks like when you wake the iPod up and will add it when I get home tonight. A screenshot of the website gets you Safari stuff and the battery indicator and all that junk. I want a clean image.

Nope you sure can't ;) I love the ones I did get too tho :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next