It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:38 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:13 pm 

+1 Vote in favor of Myst for Android! (maybe even uru?!!?!)

using HTC EVO 4G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:24 pm 

Pretty sure that Xperia x10 (as soon as upgraded to 2.1 or 2.2) will also be quite capable of Myst. Hoping for it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:02 am 

There may be another issue with Myst making its way on to Android, at least via the market place.
I recently read that Google has a 25MB max file size in place for those submitting apps/games to the market.
Therefore Cyan would have to house the file themselves and charge to download it.
I think that would be fine, and people would trust Cyan. However it does mean more effort required as they cant simply let Google handle the sale of Myst. On a more positive note, and if they remove the 25MB limit, paypal is about to become an option for payment for the market on android phones in many countries so this will most likely make things easier for a lot more people. The lack of good games on android phones means those who can get in there first should see a reasonable income. I still have my fingers crossed that cyan will do something for Android. I expect they are also considering it now for windows 7 mobile phones, and I guess that would be easier to port over.

Post subject: Droid X
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:47 pm 

Location: Western Desert of the Forbidden Zone (Near the Cleft)
I have a Droid X, with 2.2 FROYO. No save to SD card....But rooted it is just fine, in fact 32GB SD card plus 8GB internal storage and the fastest CPU in a mobile phone . It would Rock!

I have an 64GB-WiFi iPad also. The phone is more versatile, but the Ipad has a much nicer screen.

Vote me YES on an Android version of Myst/Riven/Stone ship...LOL

Post subject: Re: Droid X
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:48 am 

mizlplix wrote:
I have a Droid X, with 2.2 FROYO. No save to SD card....But rooted it is just fine, in fact 32GB SD card plus 8GB internal storage and the fastest CPU in a mobile phone . It would Rock!

I have an 64GB-WiFi iPad also. The phone is more versatile, but the Ipad has a much nicer screen.

Vote me YES on an Android version of Myst/Riven/Stone ship...LOL

I was under the impression Froyo enabled saving applications to the SD card.

--The Doctor and Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson in "The Girl in the Fireplace.

Post subject: Froyo (or Fruit Yogert)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:59 am 

Location: Western Desert of the Forbidden Zone (Near the Cleft)
froyo was a little short in a lot of things. It freezes occasionally, it has random glitches too. all are promised to be fixed with the next patch. Overall, the Android platform is a very capable tool. it can only get better with time.

Yes, my X is rooted. i needed a little more flexability than Verizon and Motorola allowed me.

BTW: Myst runs superbly on my iPad and it makes me drool at what the X might be capable of.

All android phones are not created equal. some might save to SD. my X did not. untill rooted and an app was installed.

MIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:27 pm 

I have got the apps to SD card option. However android 2.3 is in the works and is expected to appear soon. This may have further developments. I think newer chipsets such as Nvidia Tegra 2 along with duel core chips will be appearing in mobile phones and android tablets in January. Thats pretty impressive going forward, although it would be nice to see myst downloadable for android 2.2 phones with say a certain resolution/ screen size and maybe particular processors such as the snapdragon in the HTC desire HD or I suppose what ever is in the Samsung Galaxy S which has now sold over 5 million units worldwide.

Some people with larger game apps have a small, say 20mb, file that sits on the android market which people pay for, then when running for the first time it connects to a seperate website and downloads the rest of the game files. Therefore avoiding any limitation by google on android market file size.

Hopefully cyan will jump on this quick :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:13 pm 

larsdidriksen wrote:
i never said it was limited to lucasarts games, just that it uses the "Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion" engine. kind of like how a lot of games use the Unreal engine.
original Myst and Riven used Hypercard and Mohawk, i still rebemmer editing the mohawk file to get riven to play under winXP.
But you are right. Aparently there was a dev team that added support for Myst and Riven, version numbers were not specified though. and the pocket version of ScummVM does not support yet.

A bit of a late response...

What? SCUMM is one engine in ScummVM. Mohawk is the one we've targeted for Myst and Riven - specifically Myst Windows (original), Myst Masterpiece Edition Windows/Macintosh, Riven Windows/Macintosh and any version of those three.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:58 pm 

Can anyone answer me why Google chooses to have a file size limit on apps that is ridiculously small? I mean, Google is a pretty smart company, there is no way they aren't aware that the limit is killing the app store's potential to be as good as Apple's. Infinity Blade was a huge success...but Android users won't see it and Google won't see the profit. The wide variety of Android hardware does make it difficult for devs to put game's on the platform, but Google is certainly not helping that with their size limit. It's totally illogical; they're just leaving money on the table.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:02 pm 

Apparently Google have an android market update around the corner which increases the maximum application size. I think from 25mb to 50mb. You can still have that at a launcher which once instaled on the phone asks you to download additional files which can pull from a different server.
Also like the idea that you dont have to put any of it through the market, they could host the whole file on their own site and you get a unique link to download and install once paid by paypal or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:28 am 
Obduction Backer

*pokes at the wee dev team with a pointy stick*

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 am 

/me dreams of Myst for her HTC Desire HD... That screen should work marvels...

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Perhaps by the time my Motorola Xoom running Honeycomb arrives from FutureShop in Canada, there'll be something :lol: heh, heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Narameh wrote:
/me dreams of Myst for her HTC Desire HD... That screen should work marvels...

I have the original HTC Desire, and would be happy to play Myst on that...or even better, on my Galaxy Tab 7". woo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm thinking the HTC Flyer *drool*

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next