It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lost save game
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:19 pm 

Hey all,
I decided i like to continue playing iMyst, i took a break a few months ago and since then i have a new computer and my iphone is clean. My iMyst save games are gone =(

I was hoping somone here can send me their savegame somehow? I have collected all but one page to the book... but any save game is good so i dont have to restart the game entirely. Thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: First trailer to the right, and straight down till morning.
Sorry, due to the way the iphone handles files, there's no way to transfer a save game from one phone to another. The save file would be in the programs sandbox which no other program has access to. I suppose that is both phones were jailbroken, it might be theoretically possible to transfer the save file. But that would be a lot of work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:27 am 

thanks for your response.

I suppose if someone could SSH their savegame out to me it would be swell. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Getting the savegames out isn’t the problem – they are contained in the backup that iTunes makes (I can look into getting you mine if you’re interested). Getting them in is the hard part, though I believe that it can be done if you’re determined enough, even on a non-jailbroken device.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:19 am 

Hello Christian,
Thank you for your reply.

Your efforts in this are much appreciated! If we succeed you will have your own savegame backup stored for yourself as well the day you need it. =)

I was thinking a different approach to collect the save game files. Have you jailbreaked and can access your iphone filesystem? In that case my iMyst has its own directory where it stores the gamefiles, with any luch the filenames could be named something like savegame or bookmark.

What you think?

Getting the savegames out isn’t the problem – they are contained in the backup that iTunes makes (I can look into getting you mine if you’re interested). Getting them in is the hard part, though I believe that it can be done if you’re determined enough, even on a non-jailbroken device.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:30 am 
Obduction Backer

triumphous wrote:
Your efforts in this are much appreciated! If we succeed you will have your own savegame backup stored for yourself as well the day you need it. =)

Umm, I didn’t actually intend to spend any effort on this. I already have my backup, no need to succeed in transplanting Myst files – the day I need it, I will just restore the whole backup.

Quote:
I was thinking a different approach to collect the save game files. Have you jailbreaked and can access your iphone filesystem? In that case my iMyst has its own directory where it stores the gamefiles, with any luch the filenames could be named something like savegame or bookmark.

No, I haven’t jailbroken my iPhone. But that is not necessary, because, as I said, the saved game files are plainly accessible in the backup under the Documents folder of the Myst application. And yes, they’re called “save0” to “save4”. Here they are. Good luck, but if you do manage to install them and use them to spoil your fun, don’t come to me and complain! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:23 am 

Allright, thanks.
Ill look into it and get back to you how it went!

Thanks for your help! =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:12 pm 

Hello,
Success.
Your save games worked perfectly for me too. Ill try to figure out which one that is nearest to my previous progress ingame.
Thanks alot for your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Great! So how did you install them, by transplanting them into a backup, or by jailbreak?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:48 pm 

Hi,
I jailbreaked and SSH the save games into the phone. Worked like a charm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:52 am 

Thank Christian for helping! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]