It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:18 am 

Given that the image files were resized to look good on the iPhone's small screen, the game will almost certainly look distorted and blocky on the iPad, as long as the iPad stretches the image to fit the screen. Cyan will have to either update the existing "iMyst" to add images and video that will look presentable on the iPad, or release an iPad version of iMyst.

Since iMyst is already pretty large as just an app made for the iPhone, I think that, for convenience (end user in this case as I don't know how hard it is to create a branched app) sake, they will have to release an iPad version, or at least update the current iMyst a no fit to screen command.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 pm 

Well, my wife (who is partially sighted) and I are pretty much sold on the iPad, simply because it has a screen she can see and much more flexible magnification than even her PC, while being perfectly portable in the kind of bag she carries. It looks to us very much like the tool she's been waiting for since the Amstrad PCWs first came out. Book-sized, flat, light, can be used for reading ebooks, writing, drawing/painting (I believe there's an app for that), playing music/spoken word files, accessing the Web, emailing...if it were only a phone as well it would be perfect for her. And by now there's probably an app for that.

She doesn't play games much. But I do, and I would love to see Myst and Riven on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have played Myst on the iPad and it does look nice x2 size (which still does not use the entire screen) but is just a little less nice than on the iPod touch/iPhone. It does make it easier to see and interact with for larger hands tho I expect :) And it still looks great!!

from iTouch

from iPad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:49 am 

I will second what Mystdee said. Myst for iPhone looks surprisingly good on the iPad. I thought the upscaling would make things look off, but it holds up super well. The only place I can say it looks awkward are on the Mechanical Elevator levers.

--The Doctor and Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson in "The Girl in the Fireplace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Squid wrote:
Personally, I can't see the iPad being very popular. There's really no market for them, in my opinion. It won't fit in your pocket, or really even most purses. Why not bring a netbook or laptop with more power and a keyboard, as well as being to run tens of thousands of 'apps', even ones not approved by Apple?

I completely agree....

<Sent from my iPad> 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:04 pm 

I'm surprised, but the iPad seems to be selling well. 3,000,000 iPads in 80 Days

iPad Damaging Netbook Sales - They claim there is proof the iPad is stealing notebook sales. I think lots of other factors could account for that.

Sales forecasts for the iPad and Kindle - "Apple may sell an estimated 10.7 million tablets..." which is future sales...

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:18 am 

It's because Apple happened to remember what most of the netbook makers forgot. You need have developers make applications that target your hardware, otherwise it's just giant pain for the end user. Instead of getting developers to work on netbook programs by collaborating with Microsoft or a Linux distributor to develop SDKs, they just said you can use your existing programs on a netbook, end of story. Ooops.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2