It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:15 am 

You have to remember that it IS a LARGE download of 1.01 GB, so it is expected to take awhile. But I can Promise you it is worth the wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:48 am 

Ok, I have it installed to both my iPhone 4 and my iPad. On the iPhone 4 it looks gorgeous. On the iPad, less so. But, it seems to run faster on the iPad... But, on the iPad the hints seem to be stuck on, and I cannot get rid of them. I have the Hint on Idle slider all the way to never, but they are there instantly when I reach a location.

--The Doctor and Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson in "The Girl in the Fireplace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Dang, I was kind of hoping that this version wouldn't have the jarring "brightness jumps" whenever a video starts or ends. I would love the option to turn off the skip button during videos, and the hotspot hints, pretty much forever, since I seem to have a tendency to move my iPod in a way that triggers the hotspots fairly often.

Other than that it does seem to look and play pretty nice. It's like having the PC version right there on the iPod, which is pretty impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

It runs perfectly on my iPod! I used earphones, and even the intro gave me chills. :D

I noticed one difference with the PC version already: the waves don't move. In the original version you had some pixels moving up and down giving the impression of moving waves.

I haven't moved off Temple Island yet, I'll save the game for later, but it looks very good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:24 pm 

Erik wrote:
It runs perfectly on my iPod! I used earphones, and even the intro gave me chills. :D

I noticed one difference with the PC version already: the waves don't move. In the original version you had some pixels moving up and down giving the impression of moving waves.

I haven't moved off Temple Island yet, I'll save the game for later, but it looks very good.

The lack of a "waves" effect is unfortunate, but I still bought it. I'm so excited, and this download plus sync will make me late for work... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Gorgeous! Pre-rendered graphics are still good, eh? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

In Options you can turn the interface buttons slider to hide and the skip movie button will be pretty much invisible but still usable

if the hotspots are coming up you must be doing a shake of sorts LOL. . .

LuigiHann wrote:
Dang, I was kind of hoping that this version wouldn't have the jarring "brightness jumps" whenever a video starts or ends. I would love the option to turn off the skip button during videos, and the hotspot hints, pretty much forever, since I seem to have a tendency to move my iPod in a way that triggers the hotspots fairly often.

Other than that it does seem to look and play pretty nice. It's like having the PC version right there on the iPod, which is pretty impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

You know… It'd be pretty neat to do a giant "fissure jump" event to celebrate. I don't have the time to get a Relto set to do it, but anybody else who wants to host one, go right ahead! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:40 pm 

I figured out why the hotspots were coming up and staying up. It has to do with the way I was holding it. If you keep the iPad with it's back parallel to the floor, the hotspot hints are gone. If you hold the iPad with it's back perpendicular to the floor, the hotspots turn on, and stay on.

I just checked, the iPhone does it too, but it has to be held at a pretty unnatural angle for it to occur. With the iPad, it was happening because I was laying down with the iPad resting on my stomach. It's very easy for this to occur on the iPad, very difficult on the iPhone.

--The Doctor and Jeanne-Antoinette Poisson in "The Girl in the Fireplace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

IMForeman wrote:
I figured out why the hotspots were coming up and staying up. It has to do with the way I was holding it. If you keep the iPad with it's back parallel to the floor, the hotspot hints are gone. If you hold the iPad with it's back perpendicular to the floor, the hotspots turn on, and stay on.

Good debugging IM. Thanks!

Hmmm, why do I have the feeling the Cyan QA department is going to be requisitioning some cots.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have to agree that it looks really good on iPhone! But not on iPad. Compared to the computer-version, it does not look as good as it should. Hope cyan can implement better resolution for iPad also, not just iPhone 4...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]Shot from Myst V at the end instead of credits so people would ask "Where's that place where the dagger landed?" then download Uru so they can explore the Cleft themselves? :P[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]Is there really a stereo in gehns office[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Why do I never have money when Cyan releases new apps :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

Moved Thorinair's install problem to the Technical Discussion iPhone

Thanks,
Chogon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next