It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 8:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:32 pm 

Now THIS is interesting:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/10 ... re-on-mac/

It's like a circle. Myst starts on Macs way back in '92, and was released on the iStore this year... which is now coming to Mac.

What do you think? Exciting development for little studios like Cyan? An opportunity to port Stoneship to a PC-like format?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:29 am 

iStore? You mean App Store? Myst was also released last year because I remember playing it in line for Avatar, which was a much more enjoyable experience than the movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, a Mac App Store.

It's less important for the Mac than the iPhone version was. Really, this is just a way to release a Mac app and let Apple handle the distribution, upgrade process, and payment collection. For a small studio with no relationship to a publisher, this could be a good deal. I have no idea whether it's relevant to Cyan at all.

Think of it as an Apple-managed competitor for Steam. (Only not limited to games, obviously.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]