It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stoneship Update
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Figured I'd post that there's an update for Stoneship available.

Quote:
What's new in version 1.0.8?
- Game Center and Open Feint added with leaderboards and acheivements
- Map zooming with standard pinch and pull
- Flee monster battles (until you're ready) with the new white flag
- Monster and Pirate strengths are visible after discovery
- Small tweaks and fixes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:20 pm 

I wonder whats happing with the next update. I have some suggestions but Its probably to late to give cyan any Ideas. But here they are anyways :)

1:Customization : Have the ability to change the name of the ship, the color, flag or anything like that. This brings more immersion to the game.

2:More levels: Need I say more?

3 Difficultly level: Easy: no extra points Normal: 500 extra points, Hard= 1000 extra....etc

4:More detail: For example if you choose the Wood guy then all the ports should have boarded up windows or wooden walls or something.Like wise if you choose Soggy Jim then your ship should have an extra cannon or something. Add as MUCH detain as you can, everything from people/shrapnel flying off the ship when it gets hit to boarded up windows. It's small detail that makes a game more interesting.

5:Simple: Recently I just purchased Tiny Wings and it got me thinking, what is the common denominator with "High Raking" apps. the answer, there simple and Stoneship is pretty complex.You have to scout the map, then you have to search for crew and/or temples THEN you have to place the crew and THEN you get to fight. Tiny Wings has thousands of players and the only thing you do it tap the screen!!

6:Last thought: More news! we haven't heard ANYTHING since February! Keep us up to date.

(Note, if you saw this on iTunes it's because Movieman(tm) posted this on the Stoneship reviews. I'm the same person as Movieman, I just posted here so we could discus it.

James 1:19
"... Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Should be new levels coming… Game Center shows a level set that you can't play right now, and only Tor'i and CyanTest01 are ranked for it.

Cyan seems to have been more vocal about Stoneship in the thread about it over on TouchArcade. http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost. ... stcount=79

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:16 am 

Yay! I'll be waiting for the next update!

One thing through, it would be nice if cyan acutally added better graphics and customization. Oh well.

"... Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:28 pm 

Oh I just thought of a great new idea (not like it will happen :P) but anyways heres my thought...

Instead of blocks that you tap and explore why don't you change to "fog of war" type thing they have in strategy games (The Command & Conquer games are perfect examples). You could make the ship travel 50M and it's up to the player where those 50M can go. You can just tap the screen and the ship goes where you tap. This way you could see the ship moving (which I've seen a lot of complains about) and when you find a port you can scout land with a group of guys. This way feels a LOT more like your actually exploring (which is cyans specialty) rather then pressing blocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:37 pm 

let's just look at the evidence and see what Cyan will put in the next update.

1) Retina Display (Source: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost. ... stcount=79)

2) (Maybe) Some New Levels (source: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost. ... stcount=79)

3) Synchronized Achievement and Leader-board (source: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost. ... stcount=79)

4) iPad/Universal App Graphics (source: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost. ... stcount=79)

Sounds good! But....my only complaint is that Cyan hasn't really add some BRAND NEW features like smaller detail, customization or a new level pack. I heard A LOT of comments saying that they thought the game was "boring". Adding new levels won't help because they don't want to play the same thing. Whereas if you add new content they'll be more interested because it's brand new content, not levels!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

New update with universal support and bug fixes. And I gotta say that it's gorgeous on the iPad!

Hopefully the next one will have new levels. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]