It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Have there been any updates for the release date, other than just "spring"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:58 pm 

Yeah... spring will be ending a month from now.

I think a specific release date is a good idea, if Cyan Worlds can build up anticipation for a specific day, they may get more sales on that day and that could propel them into the top 25 lists, giving them more visibility and thus more sales than they'd get from a 'slow burn'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

And having it in the top 25 would be especially good, because there would be a lot of people saying "hey, that sounds familiar!", then buying it. So yeah, I'm with you on that one. But maybe they will reveal more. Because I don't really want to say too much, but I think it'll be released soon. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Looks like Cyan is insulting its potential customers in the youtube video comments. Classy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:20 am 
Obduction Backer

AdamJohnso wrote:
Looks like Cyan is insulting its potential customers in the youtube video comments. Classy.

I think those are meant to be humourously dismissive.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 pm 

I agree, it supposed to be a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Making light out of or outright ignoring legitimate concerns of users is one of the reasons why Cyan is in its current state... I guess you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

Post subject: What?!
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:51 am 
Obduction Backer

Er, well, scrolling through them, it isn't really that bad. And really, the worst is the short dialogue between you and Cyan... and I wish to say this in the nicest way possible, but you sort of brought that on yourself. I mean, at least they apologized, even if mildly sarcastically. I'm sure there's a legitimate reason as to why they didn't implement a day/night cycle.
Also, I think this may only be for channelwood, because if you look at the realMyst iOS website, it says:
Quote:
Relax next to the rippling ocean as the sun sets in the Selenitic Age.

So, I think my point is, there's no sense in getting so mad at an entire company for something one person said in a comment on their Youtube video, when it didn't hurt anyone in any way, or insult anyone or really do anything other than state a simple fact in a friendly manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:55 am 
Obduction Backer

We must not be reading the same page then... I see Cyan dismissing the same complaint over and over more and more flippantly each time. This is not how you sell a product, especially when the company is barely surviving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:57 am 
Obduction Backer

I see. Which page are you looking at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 am 

We are talking about the comments under the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2QZicdGwf0

Cyan is joking with people in the comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:16 am 

Jamie Marchant wrote:
Cyan is joking with people in the comments.

Reminds me of last Mysterium when people mentioned several bugs in Riven for iOS (including sound channels being reversed, which is a rather severe problem), and Rand telling them to send complaints to "[email protected]".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Oh, I get it. Day/day cycle. Hehe.

AdamJohnso wrote:
Making light out of or outright ignoring legitimate concerns of users is one of the reasons why Cyan is in its current state... I guess you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

Cyan is in its current state because it sank all of its money into a failed MMO multiple times over. It is what it is.

I feel like, aside from marketing, the big factors in the success or failure of this port will be the controls and the framerate. I think the touch/drag controls will be pretty natural once you have an ipad in your hands, but it depends on how intuitively it recognizes the difference between holding to move and dragging to turn. Hopefully they get that right. And if the framerate stays as smooth as it looks in this video, even in dense areas like Selenetic, then it should be good.

Paradox wrote:
Reminds me of last Mysterium when people mentioned several bugs in Riven for iOS (including sound channels being reversed, which is a rather severe problem), and Rand telling them to send complaints to "[email protected]".

I am 89% sure that Rand didn't actually make that joke. Rand directed people to the actual support system and an angry fan "paraphrased" it into that joke, and people who only got to hear about this conversation via the forum thread interpreted it as a real quote. I could be wrong, I'd love to see the transcript either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:10 am 

LuigiHann wrote:
Paradox wrote:

I am 89% sure that Rand didn't actually make that joke. Rand directed people to the actual support system and an angry fan "paraphrased" it into that joke, and people who only got to hear about this conversation via the forum thread interpreted it as a real quote. I could be wrong, I'd love to see the transcript either way.

It's in the video transcript around 1:16:00.
Direct link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEEetMBatBE#t=1h15m48s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:41 am 

Just watched this special moment ... wow. That has the be one of the least professional performances by a CEO I have ever seen. Now I feel like I understand a little better what is going on over at the RealMyst video. You know, I wonder who exactly is speaking for Cyan over there. Beyond it being obviously the wrong person, that is.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next