It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:27 am 
Obduction Backer

Paradox wrote:
It's in the video transcript around 1:16:00.
Direct link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEEetMBatBE#t=1h15m48s

Actually, if you listen on about another 20 - 30 seconds, he says it's a joke and gives the actual method to submit bug reports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

Leighana wrote:
Paradox wrote:
It's in the video transcript around 1:16:00.
Direct link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEEetMBatBE#t=1h15m48s

Actually, if you listen on about another 20 - 30 seconds, he says it's a joke and gives the actual method to submit bug reports.

I know I'm continuing this off-topic in this off-topic thread but…

Yes, it was a joke. Sometimes Rand's clever humor can be misconstrued (kinda like someone else I know - aliens?). Despite the humor, Cyan does listen to what you guys say and we do take it very seriously. We can't always react immediately and we may not always be in a position to make everything right but we are trying with the extremely small staff.

The sound channels reversed bug was in the Steam version of Riven and *not* the iOS version (whew! Paradox, you had me worried there for a moment :-) ). I don't know a lot about the Steam version of Riven, other than we did not have complete sources.

--Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Paradox wrote:
Jamie Marchant wrote:
Cyan is joking with people in the comments.

Reminds me of last Mysterium when people mentioned several bugs in Riven for iOS (including sound channels being reversed, which is a rather severe problem), and Rand telling them to send complaints to "[email protected]".

Wow. This is up for debate? That was quite honestly the funniest thing he said last year! (Well, and the bit about jumping in the fireplace!) :lol: It was a joke, take it as it is.

The argument as it is, over realMyst for iOS, is over exaggerated. Even without the day night cycles it will be great, as they never really added to the experience anyways. (Especially since they were over exaggerated cycles that were sped up in the same manner you'd find in a JRPG.) As far as this goes, the app will be an easy purchase for me. Plus, how can you go wrong with Myst in HD? I mean come on, since it's built on Unity we're looking at the possibility for this to be on all major consoles and handhelds in the future. (3DS e-shop anyone? Cyan? /wink ;) )

So yea, quit overstating the obvious and criticizing the control scheme. I have faith that the controls will be top notch in the final version.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just in case anyone is wondering, "[email protected]" is not a valid address. I just sent the following message and received a delivery failure:

Quote:
Hello,

I am just wondering if you all care? :D Thank you.

Trekluver

So see? It was a joke. :D

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:32 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Trekluver wrote:
...since it's built on Unity we're looking at the possibility for this to be on all major consoles and handhelds in the future.

Not to mention the experience behind learning how to port Plasma to Unity3D in general and what that could open up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

RealMyst makes TouchArcade's list of "Cool Upcoming Games" to watch! http://toucharcade.com/2012/05/18/here- ... atch-list/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ooh, that's a good sign. I wonder how much publicity it'll get when it's released. :D
I'd love to see it be a success, even if only a fraction of how well Myst did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:00 am 

I feel hopeful about this version of RealMyst too.
I'd certainly like to see it do well and I think it has a pretty good shot at success.

Cautious Optimism, as usual. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cyan just posted on Facebook to say RealMyst is coming on Thursday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looking forward to that. :)

See: realMyst for iPad - coming Thursday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:28 pm 

Oh yah I saw that Facebook post but did not read it - DOH! I'm sure it will do well even if it does have day/day cycles :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:44 am 
Obduction Backer

So, is realMyst being released for iPhone? I noticed some of the news posts on Cyan Worlds website only say iPad now when they used to also say iPhone.

Upon further looking, I noticed the banner image now only shows an iPad:

At first I thought I was going crazy but then I found this:

The "original" news release did say realMyst would support high end iPhones, so what gives? I can't find anything on this. Can anyone set me straight and give me the low down on what's going on here?

I have really been excited about buying realMyst of iOS since the announcement, but don't own an iPad, only an iPhone 4S...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:33 pm 

If that's true and the game doesn't support 4th gen iPhones, that'd cut out a lot of the iOS market.

It might even make the difference between a 'hit' and a flop.

But I'll go through my best guess for what is going on, based on my own limited experience trying to develop games for iOS.

As far as I can tell, the list of devices they've aimed for have all had one thing in common: 512 MB or more of RAM.

This is true of the iPad 2, the iPhone 4/4s, and the iPad 3 - all the iOS systems the game was supposed to support initially.

That said, the iPad 2 and 3 seem to have slightly faster processor capabilities than the iPhone 4s, and significantly faster than the iPhone 4. My guess - and it's only a guess - is that although the game would load and run successfully on the iPhone 4, it probably ran slower. Longer loading times, choppy framerate, etc. It ran, but not as smoothly as it should have.

That might be placing Cyan Worlds in a position where they'd need to optimize the game further (i.e. compromise on graphics quality) in order to support the iPhone 4/4s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:58 pm 

I remember beign very irritated for having to see a hand shaped cursor in MYST related games and not being able to make it transparent enough or fade out soon enough. Now with the touch screen, what should I do? After all the hand IS mine. Chop it off? It is blocking off most of the stunning scene :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet.

It looks like we finally have a release date! This Thursday!

http://toucharcade.com/2012/06/11/realm ... -thursday/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next