It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:14 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:03 pm 

Some of the songs on the Manhole Masterpiece edition are kinda cartoon-ey, and silly. But several of them are very haunting and pretty, and sound like an homage to the score Robyn Miller composed for Myst.

Is there any chance these songs might become available for download or purchase?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm 

Check with Ron Hayter. His Riveal program might be able to extract the audio files. I say "might" because, while I've used the program for Myst and Riven, it never occurred to me to extract music from the Manhole.

Here you go: http://rshayter.net/Riveal/ in convenient and spoof-proof golden cut-and paste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:19 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, indeed, Riveal can extract the music from The Manhole, whether it's the Mac version, the Windows version, or the iOS version. It can also do so for almost all versions of all the rest of Cyan's games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 pm 

Thanks for that.. the only issue with it being that I don't actually own the Manhole Masterpiece edition... I've only seen it on Youtube.

Guess I've got a 'Cyan complete pack' purchase in my future!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:31 pm 

Gotta be honest; I couldn't make head or tail of the instructions to use Riveal.... I'm not very technical.

I actually found an easier method.. I used the info on the Riveal page to FIND the audio files in the game folder, then just used an audio-editor-- a freeware program called Audacity-- to convert them to mp3's.

I did some clickin' around, and found the music for the Manhole and Cosmic Osmo myself --- it seems to be in some kind of 'raw data' format. But no biggie, with a few weird steps, audacity could convert it to MP3's as well, so it's all good!

So if anybody's in the same boat-- wants the music, can't get their head around Riveal... just post a reply here & I'll get into more detail.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]