It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:03 am 

Rawgi wrote:
I know i am new here , but my partner and I try to promote Myst Online as a great way for 2 people to play together at the same time. Like couch co op I guess. We really enjoy seeing each other and playing together. We kind of stumbled along until we found Sven and Nora, then it started to click. I know we will be promoting the game and we supported the Kickstarter also. I'm sure any help would be good. I must remember to check back here often and make sure we donate too.

Keeping fingers crossed

Welcome to the MOULa community

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:08 am 

Alien wrote:

Welcome to the MOULa community[/quote]

Yes, welcome!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:28 am 

AlexandraLara wrote:
Da'vid wrote:
once I get my hands on the digital codes for the myst games from the kickstarter I was actually wanted to stream all the Myst games back to back as a charity stream with all proceeds going to Myst online, I have some youtuber buddies to help me promote it but ill have to start advertising it soon to get some awareness, of course if I make nothing thats ok too because I'm still going to be donating SOMETHING no matter what, I'll keep you guys updated if you want to come and join the stream :)

That's a great idea Da'vid, I'd love to watch. I'll keep my eye out for info on when :D

I know it's been quite some time but I'm almost in the position to stream all the Myst games back to back once I work out a schedule for it, if you would like to follow here's my twitch and YouTube channels

https://www.twitch.tv/thewanderer1990
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWanderersRamblings

as I said I haven't started any Myst videos yet but you can see myself and my YouTube buddies take an expedition to the cavern here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51bI6BD5TKE on the Space Quest Historian's channel (links to our other perspectives are in the description :) ) none of the others had really played MOULA before so it was good to introduce them to it even if they did know the franchise, it's a good watch :)

I'm very keen to start my Myst marathon and will post here on off topic when I have to go ahead :D

thanks guys,

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I just wanted to reply to AlexandraLara :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:23 am 

Da'vid wrote:
AlexandraLara wrote:
Da'vid wrote:
once I get my hands on the digital codes for the myst games from the kickstarter I was actually wanted to stream all the Myst games back to back as a charity stream with all proceeds going to Myst online, I have some youtuber buddies to help me promote it but ill have to start advertising it soon to get some awareness, of course if I make nothing thats ok too because I'm still going to be donating SOMETHING no matter what, I'll keep you guys updated if you want to come and join the stream :)

That's a great idea Da'vid, I'd love to watch. I'll keep my eye out for info on when :D

I know it's been quite some time but I'm almost in the position to stream all the Myst games back to back once I work out a schedule for it, if you would like to follow here's my twitch and YouTube channels

https://www.twitch.tv/thewanderer1990
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWanderersRamblings

as I said I haven't started any Myst videos yet but you can see myself and my YouTube buddies take an expedition to the cavern here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51bI6BD5TKE on the Space Quest Historian's channel (links to our other perspectives are in the description :) ) none of the others had really played MOULA before so it was good to introduce them to it even if they did know the franchise, it's a good watch :)

I'm very keen to start my Myst marathon and will post here on off topic when I have to go ahead :D

thanks guys,

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I just wanted to reply to AlexandraLara :)

Thanks for letting us know! I'm going to check out your video, and keep an eye out for the others to come :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:32 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Da'vid wrote:
once I get my hands on the digital codes for the myst games from the kickstarter I was actually wanted to stream all the myst games back to back as a charity stream with all proceeds going to myst online, ...

I'm just kinda catching up on this, having been distracted with other things...
Be very wary about trying to monetize videos (or anything else) where the content copyright is owned by someone else, even if your intent is well-meaning and aims to direct funds back to the copyright owner. At the very least, you need to get permission from Cyan Legal before you do anything - I am pretty sure that someone else had a similar idea a couple of years ago and was told that it was not permitted. Some of the game content rights get a bit complicated, as there are elements included that come from third-parties on a non-reassignable rights basis.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Cyan Legal might need to go back to law school in that case ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:49 am 

Mac_Fife wrote:
Da'vid wrote:
once I get my hands on the digital codes for the myst games from the kickstarter I was actually wanted to stream all the myst games back to back as a charity stream with all proceeds going to myst online, ...

I'm just kinda catching up on this, having been distracted with other things...
Be very wary about trying to monetize videos (or anything else) where the content copyright is owned by someone else, even if your intent is well-meaning and aims to direct funds back to the copyright owner. At the very least, you need to get permission from Cyan Legal before you do anything - I am pretty sure that someone else had a similar idea a couple of years ago and was told that it was not permitted. Some of the game content rights get a bit complicated, as there are elements included that come from third-parties on a non-reassignable rights basis.

I'll be sure to consult them, other streamers get donations for themselves playing many other games so I didn't think it would be a problem that I am just using those (if any), I'll want to have all my bases covered though.

I know the anniversary has come and gone but I am still interested in doing this :D still working out when I can do it properly, the last few months have been crazy for me but I really feel like I want to promote and assist this game in any way I can, it more than deserves it :) and fiery abyss it gives me a reason to binge one of my favourite game series of all time :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:01 am 

Just chiming in, with all respect to Da'vid, and with kudos for his enthusiasm and passion for this game that we all love...

There are the legal aspects, for sure.

But there's also the recognition that Uru is, first and foremost, Cyan's creation. Beyond everything that it has meant to us fans in the last 15 years (OMG, is it that long already?!), it represents an incalculable amount of hopes, dreams, creativity, sweat, tears, joy, sorrow, money, risk, and time to the people who created it. The people who built the world that we have spent so many hours inhabiting.

To me, the first action when contemplating doing something with the game that Cyan created, is to ask Cyan if they're cool with it. Not just because it's the legal thing to do, but out of respect for what they went through to create it.