It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:22 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

The ending has never been written
yes 50%  50%  [ 18 ]
no 50%  50%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 36
 Post subject: The Ending
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:35 pm 

I don't think the ending has ever been written since there will be something else that's "not human" after all... which will only mean it will be the end of mankind, but not of everything else that expierences "life"

Please do comment on this when you click yes or no.

EDIT: It is very simple

Yes, The Ending has been written
No, The Ending has Not been written

Last edited by Chad Shaw on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:35 pm 

Well, could I be so dareful and add "The ending will never be written"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:44 pm 

According to Native American and Meso American traditions, our current world has had 5 civilizations, each lasting for one long count (5125 years). The last Long Count started on Julian Date 584283 (11 August 3114 BC Gregorian Calendar). And is scheduled to end (and start again with the Golden Age) on 21 December 2012. Within the Mayan Calendar the dates are 0.0.0.0.0 thru 13.0.0.0.0 and tell of the length of each of mankinds civilizations and not the end of the world. During the last 5 days of this cycle (The Wayeb) tells of the joining of the Mortal Realm with the Spiritual Realm. This is NOT the end of the World, this is its rebirth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

I voted no for the following reason:

It depends on what type of ending. I, myself, am a religious person. I believe that we will all live on forever after we depart from this Earth, and so even though we know something of what the future will hold, we do not know everything that will happen through the eternities, and there is no end. But if you said, "the end of your mortal life," then I would say that sometimes it has been written.

IC, the Watcher writes through history up to the point that the daughter of the daughter will live in peace. Does this mean forever or for another 10,000 years? Who knows?

So, I voted no because the question is not 100% correct in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:19 am 
Obduction Backer

Wait. "The ending has never been written" isn't a question. So if I choose "yes," am I saying "yes, that's right," or "yes it has (been written)"? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:30 am 

Floydman wrote:
I voted no for the following reason:

It depends on what type of ending.

I aggree. Plane and simple.

_Calu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:38 pm 

agreed its a very open ended question, but i see no point in worrying about it just live life and be happy :wink:

Why is not an answer to the question. KI#12379098

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:04 am 

"In the end? Nothing ends Adrian. Nothing ever ends."
___________________________Dr. Manhattan

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:32 am 

I agree with Atrus that "...the ending has not yet been written". Everything has a beginning and an end. Theoretically space and time are infinite, but even they had to start somewhere. I myself am not a religious person and prefer to rely on science, but even I sometimes think like a philosopher, questioning my own beliefs and what they are based on. There may be no god or one all mighty God or even many beings who could be concidered gods, but in truth that matters little as long as you have faith in what you believe.

As long as something exists in both space and time it has a beginning and an end. People are born and people die. For my lack of beliefs in the existance of a God I may very well go to fiery abyss. If that happens then I will stand on the very doorstep of fiery abyss, and with my head held high, admit that I was wrong. I am neither an ignorant nor arrogant man. I will accept whatever fate or punishment is to befall me; in this life or the next. Do not fear or pray for my soul, for I am but one man, and there exist many others who would have need of your prayers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:28 am 

I agree with MatzeEdend, It's up to us if it has, or not.. Maybe this is the destruction part where we have to believe in the cavern so it will not disappear

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]