It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Awesome, Leo and ALL!!! ... the update is loading as I write ... it is quite late here already,
but I couldn't wait ... will just finish that update and log in once and further explore tomorrow
though ... :P

Now that's a nice surprise and gift ... Thanks a lot ... Shorah and Merry Christmas, everyone!!! ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:07 am 

UGH. I have to reassign all the textures. :?

But if I do this right, expect a very primitive build of Llantern tomorrow. If anyone wants to chat in the meantime, come to the OU Bevin on Minkata. I'll probably be pulling a late night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Greetings from Yeesha and Zandi, everyone ... Everything works smoothly and
stable so far, so, the DRC would definitely give their approval for a public release ... :P

Sometimes you feel the debugging scripts (as mentioned above) working, esp.
when linking, but that's almost not worth mentioning as it takes only a short
moment longer than one's used to ... Once I was glued to the fish tank haha and
had to quit with my task manager lol ... but that was really absolutely everything ...

I've got almost all the ages (the books lol, except the Pods, had to head out) and all
necessary links to be able to walk freely in Uru, a few Relto pages and Bahro stones
and I have my fireflies in my Relto ... My new KI # is in my sig ... :)

Yeah, I'm telling this here, so that others maybe encouraged to try this out, the
more the merrier to test those new grounds lol ... It is absolutely easy to setup
and it really runs as smooth and stable as I've told above ...

Ok, when I'll experience any bugs or glitches etc. I'll post it to the designated
bug tracker system or the more easier HelpDesk tool as you've mentioned ...

Thanks again and Kudos for setting this up and making Open Source Uru Live a reality ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Great, can't wait for new features to appear!
Quick question, though: will some of the features added to this shard be added to the main Cyan shard too, after some time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:19 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Yes. First up is unicode support, plus some fixes. I talked with Chogon about it yesterday and the plan is to test it on our shard after Christmas and get it into the MOULa code after the holidays for testing on a MOULa test shard. Then into MOULa itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Full Steam Ahead! Bearing Steady as she goes! Seems like progress is picking up! Excellent Work Folks! :D

Can't wait to see what else we have in store! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:54 am 
Creative Kingdoms

The OpenUru.org web pages, forums, wiki, help desk, and Mantis are currently offline due to a Denial of Service attack against a different website on the same shared hosting server. OpenUru.org will be back online as soon as the host admins either subdue the attack or change all the website IPs on the server.

The Foundry repositories, JIRA, and build system and our Minkata shard remain up and operational.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:08 am 
Creative Kingdoms

All resources are back to normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:50 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Bitbucket and GitHub Integration With OpenUru.org's Foundry JIRA

OpenUru.org continues its commitment to ease of use through public open source repositories Bitbucket and GitHub.

Rarified's upgrade of JIRA to version 5.0 and installation of the JIRA DVCS Connector on Foundry now means a new level of integration with Bitbucket and GitHub.

What it means: Better support for H'uru development's use of GitHub.

As far as new features for JIRA itself, you should see an introduction the next time you log onto JIRA - take a look. http://Foundry.OpenUru.org/jira

I will combine some bullet points from the announcements, include a video, and provide reference links.
  • Integrate Bitbucket or Github with JIRA and link every commit to a bug or development task
  • Track changesets, monitor source code edits, drill through to your source files, and link back to Bitbucket or GitHub
  • Push your changesets to JIRA simply by referencing issue keys in your commit messages
  • Map unlimited public and private Bitbucket repositories to your JIRA projects
  • Integrates with Activity Streams
See the video in this post: http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=744

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/311676
http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/06/bett ... bitbucket/[/u]

Post subject: Open Source Shard OSes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:38 am 

I am curious to know what "flavor" of Unix the OpenUru.org Minkata shard is running on.
Perhaps I am not seeing this in all the reading both here and at OpenUru.org. Is this info right in front of my eyes but I have I missed it?

Also, I am curious to know what 'nix "flavor" is being used by each of the the other shard developers, too.
Can someone tell me?

Thanks...

Image r'Ricard KI#1479684
" MUSTARD??!!! Don't let's be silly!! "
www.IndyURU.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

The Minkata shard runs on Solaris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:34 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
The Minkata shard runs on Solaris.

Thanks for that info.

I've been working with Jones over at IndyURU.net to get a shard operating on FreeBSD. It's proven to be tougher to get accomplished than we thought. (Our hats are off to L'anor for his valiant attempt at doing it himself) The quidance material on the OpenUru website about installing MOSS seems not to be as completely and clearly documented as we need it to be and we've not succeded. So, we are wondering how the folks at OpenUru were doing so well with the Minkata shard.

Wanting to try it again on Solaris, but we haven't even been able to get the OS up and running! Also, following the online discusions re what Indy and I call "cooperation and other matters", it seems to us that maybe Miller and Cyan do not really want this open source idea to actually succeed anyway.
C'est la vie...

Image r'Ricard KI#1479684
" MUSTARD??!!! Don't let's be silly!! "
www.IndyURU.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Rarified used Solaris for the Minkata Shard because he's been running a Solaris based server for some considerable time so he knows it inside out.

MOSS was written to run on Linux and several people have got shards going on various Linux platforms without too much trouble using the available instructions. But Linux isn't Unix. I recall rarified commenting that he found that the baseline MOSS code contained a number of "linuxisms" that he had to deal with to get it to work on Solaris. You're probably running into similar issues trying to get MOSS to build and run on FreeBSD - you just need someone that understands the differences between Linux and Unix to point you in the right direction.

Linux is generally more popular/accessible than the various Unix flavours, so it's understandable that a'moaca' targetted the MOSS code at Linux.

As a side note, with regard to your final comment: The server code that exists (both MOSS and Dirtsand) was developed independently of Cyan, who are currently unable to release their server code under an open source license. The attribution on the IndyURU site is incorrect.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

MOSS also works fine on Mac OS X, which is closer to FreeBSD than to Linux in some respects. My local testing shard is MOSS running on Mac OS X 10.4 PPC. It’s been a while since I built it though, so I probably can’t be of much help beyond what’s on the wiki…

Wasn’t a'moaca' using NetBSD too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

There are certainly NetBSD instructions on the wiki (along with Ubuntu and Mac OS-X specific nudges) whether or not they're from a'moaca's own experience. Her notes seem to suggest she was working with GNU/Linux.

JW Platt suggested that the issues rarified ran into with the Solaris port were related to memory alignment - I don't think _R ever discussed the specific things he found with me.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next