It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 am 

JWPlatt has done a good thing in his efforts to provide the Uru Community with another site place for Uruite members to go and get together on projects as they see fit. While I see all types of voiced concerns from others as to the sites look, buzzers, bells and purpose, I also see intelligent responses of explanations from JW keeping an open mind as to the sites direction and purpose. Might as well sit back for a while and just lets see how Open Source gets available for us to start using and see how JW's site provides us an additional place for those who wish to meet and do projects together to do so. Lets see how his site unfolds as those who join and decide to do projects on it, start to shape the tools and things it will come to have. I really don't see how OpenUru.org can hurt the community. Just another place for tools and Ururite community members to get together at to help nurse Open Source Uru back to life. JW's site wanting a piece of the Open Source Uru Power of Control and Influence? Maybe... Site just one more of to many sites confusing Uruite Community members, with more sites coming? Maybe.... No matter what,.. OpenUru.org will be what it will prove to be, meaning... it will either grow or fade away according to if it proves to provide and be a platform the Uru Community needs.
Voiced opinions and concerns come from many motivations, some good, some bad. Can't say I agree with everything I read in the many Uru Community and Game related sites, form threads. But I can respect the differences of points. The Truth often falls somewhere in the middle of all our differences as they manage to meld together into a result reflecting what the Core Community feels. Open Source will be a roller coaster ride of ups and downs I believe as it births forth into a Living World of countless Ages as it reaches full adulthood. I believe it will become so vast, that a newbie could never completely find, solve and explore every Age and puzzle in all the coming immensity of the Uru Worlds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:11 am 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:13 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:32 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:49 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:40 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:59 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:08 pm 

Valiant and useful efforts abound in the current MOUL world and time will tell what works and what helps. And in the end, also, Cyan retains and always will retain total control of the assets of MOUL URU, though mods will be possible, the emphasis on Open Source should return to a more balanced view in my humble opinion making clear this is not a total opening up and free shopping day in URU, we will enjoy the privledge of being able to mod the game but I hope with strict controls on content and quality before anything is put in to public shards for common play. Individual shards with private content seem a possiblity but that too will rely on Cyan's decision, as Chogon's recent post about hacking and stealing content make clear.

This has been the root of my questions of any and all divergent efforts and will remain my main and only concern re anyone's efforts to use URU Content for their own purposes. Cyan has fortuntely made their positiion clear, adn now we can relax and enjoy the future whatever it is. So I feel much more relaxed about JW's efforts and everyone else's for we have the rules clearly set....Cyan owns URU and always will.

Open Source is really Shared Source and that is a big relief to me for I could not bear to see flaming purple avatars and flying Olsmobiles in A'egura. So i will relax and enjoy the journey into the future and wish everyone well.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Um...it's going to be Open Source....
The only assets they aren't releasing under open source is the arts part (IE ages/textures/ect.) but the client and server code is going to be released open sourced.
I don't know where you got the shared source part...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:47 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:09 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:36 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:16 pm 

I thought YAF (Yet Another Forum) would just be a pain. But, JWP has made it more than I thought it would be.

The simplicity of the site is not a problem for me. There are some now trying to create a logo for the site... that would be cool.

But, JWP seems to be focused and others are already looking to OpenUru.org for advice on how to build their code and project maintenance wiki/forum/tools. So, it seems he (or those using the site) is moving faster than some others.

UO is just now considering a 'hacking' section for their forum. I consider that a big break from tradition. But, it seems a bit late. We (the community) are now spread across many forums and web sites. I don't see that changing. After JWP's excellent work I am more inclined to let people do what they do and partake in those things that work well. I do encourage people to look around for what has been done and is working well and if adding something new make more or better or beyond.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next