It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:20 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

OK, well I was thinking that since it's my birthday on 28th that I'd maybe hang out in MQO for a change and have an "open house" there for anyone who has an MQO account to drop in.

If anyone's interested, I'll likely be there from 8pm GMT (3pm EST) in the good old "Blorfloog" session (yes, it still works: I checked it a few days ago) - I've got a couple of hours of music that I'll be streaming via IceCast2 on http://mcintoshuk.plus.com:8000/Mac-Fife (if you have trouble with that OGG-Vorbis stream I have a parallel MP3 stream at http://mcintoshuk.plus.com:8000/Mac-Fife.mp3). It's my party so I'll play lots of classic British rock tracks if I want to ;) - but I'll throw in few odds and ends from other genres too (and maybe a few random movie soundbites if I can figure out what's making them stutter).

No free drinks though - it's BYOB :P

(Cross-posted on MQO forums)

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:02 pm 

A shameless bump :)

JW Platt couldn't give me specifics on when the Magiquest Online servers would actually shut down, so it seemed wise to avoid trying to do anything on the 31st, so in the absence of anyone else organising a farewell to MQO, the 28th was a convenience for me 8) .

I think I've got my playlist scripts doing what they're supposed to (mostly). Both the streams listed in the previous post will work fine in VLC, and probably many other popular media players. If you only have Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer then pasting this URL into IE should start the stream in WMP: http://mcintoshuk.plus.com:8000/Mac-Fife.mp3.m3u

The streams may be available at random times between now and Friday.

Note: Don't add a "www" to any of the URLs (that's a different server ;))

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:25 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
OK, well I was thinking that since it's my birthday on 28th that I'd maybe hang out in MQO for a change and have an "open house" there for anyone who has an MQO account to drop in.

If anyone's interested, I'll likely be there from 8pm GMT (3pm EST) in the good old "Blorfloog" session (yes, it still works: I checked it a few days ago) -...

I would love to see other people online! I just now returned to the game to make sure it still runs for me. I didn't see any "Blorfloog" in the drop-down list of sessions, so I picked "MQOSession5" -- love the number -- but I did not run into any other players online at the time. Also, I initially forgot how to enter the portals! (The arch rune is for the courtyard, and the arch-with-tree is for going into the woods.) And I'm not sure I can see where any list would display other players or place to type a chat session. Have I got something disabled, perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

The players list will appear on the upper left when there are other players in the session you selected. By default, chatting is intialized with the Tab key. I beleive the initial "sessions" selection screen offers the last 5(?) sessions you played in or sessions #1 - 5. You will have to type in Bloorflog to access that session.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:44 pm 

You can just type in the name of the session - it than gets added to your drop-down list (it's a sort of "most recently used" list that has those MQOsessionX names in by default).

MQO has no "KI" but most of the Uru emotes work ( http://www.mcintoshuk.plus.com/mqo/Emotes.txt ) and you just type to chat to people in the same realm (Henry may be right about the Tab key - I can't remember if I changed my keyboard mapping so I didn't need to do that). Things like /addbuddy <playername> work and you can then /buddies chat message (buddy chat) or /p <playername> message (PM chat). A bit clunky compared to a KI, but it works.

The player needs to be in the same realm as you for /addbuddy to work, as I recall.

Edit: Found the instructions for avoiding needing to hit the Tab key before chatting (if you don't use WASD keys for movement):
Open the tools, select Navigation -> Advanced -> Key Map. Highlight the setting for Start Chat then hit the Num Lock key which should set it to Unmapped.
If you use WASD, then setting Start Chat to the Enter key is a good choice.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dearest Mac ... Have a magical, extraordinary and unforgettable one ... :P

Long live our friendly UruLive Forums Mod, OpenUru.org wiki wrangler and angel for any
eventuality, kind assistance and support ... I'm just listening in to your music ... :D

Another rousing and memorable farewell, cheering and rejoicing is being extended to
the beautiful and joyful virtual environment, the MagiQuestOnline world, which many
grew fond of and which is about to close it's doors by the end of this year ...
Many happy new trails to all who take their leave for further explorations and adventures ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:04 am 

waaaahhhhh! I missed it :(

I put it in my To-Do list for today, but totally forgot to look at it until seven hours too late.

btw, to activate the chat line, I hit the Enter key first, then type.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow, same time? I won't promise I'll remember, but at least we have another day before the plug is pulled.

Oh, and did anyone asked about saving the environment for offline exploration? I still occasionally bring up even a small world like that Crowthistle thing, just to wander in its ambience. MQ is probably too complex for all of the interactivity, but the Twisty Woods is still a lovely place to visit for the scenery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:18 am 
Obduction Backer

That's what drizzle's for :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:36 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
That's what (CENSORED)'s for :wink:
<--- read it while it lasts. :wink:

I'm not a fool, that's too dangerous to quote entirely :lol: Even once, I used the "D word" and my entire post was flushed down the drain, I didn't even use the whole word on that occasion :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:10 pm 

In the new Open Source world of Uru, Drizzle itself isn't as taboo as it once was was - it's probably quite necessary for the furtherance of fan content. But it's use in respect of making content from other games available outside of it's intended context falls under the "HACKING any other Cyan product" clause of Forum Policy I. I think JW Platt may have been asking Creative Kingdoms about the possibility of opening up MQO in a form similar to shards, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope on that.

I can't guarantee to be in MQO again today, but I'll try to pop in around the same time, and thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes.

No-one yet seems to be absolutely clear on when exactly the MQO servers will shut down, and Cyan is now closed until Wednesday, Jan 2, but the general expectation seems to be midnight PST Dec 31/Jan 1, so there's still time for folks to pay a last visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Can you refresh my memory, is it still possible for those of us who have never bought a paid subscription (at least I think I didn’t), but were only part of the beta, to pay a last visit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:27 pm 

Christian Walther wrote:
Can you refresh my memory, is it still possible for those of us who have never bought a paid subscription (at least I think I didn’t), but were only part of the beta, to pay a last visit?

short reply = that's a good question.

Did the beta give you the full contents of Chapter One? If not, it is no longer available for download. Did you finish the chapter and receive the portal rune? Then maybe?

Quote:
For those Magi who have not yet had a chance to experience the magic of MagiQuest Online, the game will remain available on the MagiQuest website and at select MagiQuest locations until October 29, 2012.

For existing Magi, we invite you to return and enjoy MagiQuest Online until the game shuts down on December 31, 2012.
from the official announcement:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:57 pm 

I think JW Platt tried to get CK to open up MQO for free for the last month or so, but they didn't bite, so you need to have a paid account. An old beta install won't work because the patcher points to the wrong server and the logins are managed differently. A pity that the download isn't still available, because the free trial at least got you into the Clan Courtyard ;) although I don't know if you'd still be able to create an avatar.

It didn't matter if you downloaded the free trial, bought it online or got the DVD from a live venue - the full game was installed in any case. It's your account status on MyMQ that determines what is accessible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:51 pm 

Thanks for the clarifications Mac_Fife :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:00 am 

Mac_Fife wrote:
It didn't matter if you downloaded the free trial, bought it online or got the DVD from a live venue - the full game was installed in any case. It's your account status on MyMQ that determines what is accessible.

Just out of curiosity why do you hafta download the whole thing if all your signing up for is a free trial, I would think it would save a lot of time if the download for the free trial is just the ages that you can access and then when you sign up for the full game you would download the rest of it, like a patch or something.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next