It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: News about Live?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:24 pm 

I (as usual) have this sense of dread that this is extremely old news... but I'm looking at the Uru: ABM panel on Gametap and it says:

"ATTENTION ALL URU FANS! ON NOVEMBER 9, URU: AGES BEYOND MYST WILL BE REMOVED FROM GAMETAP TO MAKE ROOM--" For Uru Live etc. etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:49 pm 

Yeah, this was mentioned SOMEWHERE already. Not sure where, though.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:01 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Here is one post about it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:46 am 
Obduction Backer

But the topic here is still relevant..Its been a long time since we have heard news about live.
Things like "Its going well" or " next round of invitees around the corner" or something, would be very nice, and be a great way to remove the worrry around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, you can take the note that Uru: ABM will be removed November 9th probably means "It's going well", but it would probably mean more coming from a Cyan employee, huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:40 pm 

I saw that when looking at Uru. I also asked for GameTap News to do a thing on Uru so we can find out how Cyan is doing :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thats all well and nice, but this kind of advertising is being aimed at people who are already in the gaming field, and in the US. I've not seen anything outside of the US in terms of Uru Live, gametap is owned by Turner, wouldn't advertising on Cartoon Network and CNN be a good idea?

I'm rather concerned that marketing is going to go the same way it did last time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't think Gametap is neglecting to advertise Uru, I think they're just waiting until closer to launch. Timing is key. If they did their big campaign push in, say, back in May when they first announced Live, then the general public would've likely lost interest or simply would've forgotten by now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, think about movies. You'll see an add or two in a movie trailer the year before, but the TV commercials and magazine ads, etc, are only like a week or two before the movie comes out. I hope there's more advertising. I'd like as many people as possible supporting us in this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm still hoping that Gametap/ Turner and Cyan market Uru in the same vein as Riven. I mean, the rebel hive was even in a scholastic catalog! But more on point, Riven had an AMAZING ad campaign. A lot of the time the magazine ads were art themselves (anyone remember the trio that featured the underground railroad, the dock, and the forest?)

Anywhoo, my point is that Uru will probably end up being a better game than Riven in the end, and will most likely become the climax of the Myst story, so why can't Uru have a cool original ad campaign like Riven? I think it deserves it more, honestly.

http://www.dpwr.net/illustrated/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:21 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm still hoping that Gametap/ Turner and Cyan market Uru in the same vein as Riven. I mean, the rebel hive was even in a scholastic catalog! But more on point, Riven had an AMAZING ad campaign. A lot of the time the magazine ads were art themselves (anyone remember the trio that featured the underground railroad, the dock, and the forest?)

Anywhoo, my point is that Uru will probably end up being a better game than Riven in the end, and will most likely become the climax of the Myst story, so why can't Uru have a cool original ad campaign like Riven? I think it deserves it more, honestly.

If you want a good example of the coolness of the promotional images that defined the Riven period, then check out the link below:

http://www.dpwr.net/illustrated/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:18 am 

Aww, I thought there might actually have been some new news :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:53 am 

I'm honestly wondering: how much would a page-size ad in a magazine cost, roughly? I know it depends a lot on the magazine, but I'm looking for a ballpark figure.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:39 pm 

depends on the magazine circulation, etc. Between $2,000 (local) and $20,000 + (national).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]