It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:08 am 
Obduction Backer

I can confirm that WhoM 1.0.0 will not work after the MOULa "security" update. I will post here when an updated version is available. It won't be ready tonight, unfortunately. Final examinations wait for no man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:45 am 
Obduction Backer

WhoM 1.0.1 is available for public consumption.

Note: The security updates breaks all past versions. Such is the nature of the beast, unfortunately.

WhoM 1.1 is looking nice. I'm hoping to get it finished soon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:53 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Looks like your original post above was self-redacted.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Sometimes you realize targeting a larger audience is very useful and worth a little extra mental strain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:47 am 

Well done Job :!: thx :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:21 pm 

AdamJohnso wrote:
Sometimes you realize targeting a larger audience is very useful and worth a little extra mental strain.

"Larger"? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Giants???... :shock: ... Cool... :P

It works perfectly, thank you very much, Adam... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Random update:

Please forgive me for not coming through with the promised WhoM 1.1 very quickly. I was working on implementing one final feature, then my summer classes began. They're a bit more intense than I expected, so WhoM got pushed to the back burner. I do still plan on making a 1.1 release. I think sometime in August sounds about right. Maybe very late July if we're extremely lucky.

You will most definitely appreciate the new version when it comes :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:36 am 

Actually I don't appreciate the implementation of anything that strips an immersive aspect of having to be inside the world to look at it. This is especially true of a modification that has no significant opportunity be voluntarily avoided.

If one doesn't want their multiple avatar's presence easily noticed from outworld, they have no choice about that. If this feature violates the TOS, and also strips a layer of immersion from the game, Cyan should notice that it is undesirable by some individuals.

...I seem to recall that It was paraphrased by a fan somewhere in these forums that RAWA once might have said that they didn't have a firm release date -- shortest would be 1 year, longest would be 3,4,8 or 10 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:41 pm 

So you're most likely not going to use it. Your issue is what, then? You don't want your friends to have the option of being alerted when your KI is detected, that they may rush to gambol and titter with delight at your very presence? The existence of WhoM is not actually a thing that harms you in the slightest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 pm 

I think Regnad is doing what he does best: mildly abusive whining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Regnad Kcin01 wrote:
Actually I don't appreciate the implementation of anything that strips an immersive aspect of having to be inside the world to look at it. This is especially true of a modification that has no significant opportunity be voluntarily avoided.

If one doesn't want their multiple avatar's presence easily noticed from outworld, they have no choice about that. If this feature violates the TOS, and also strips a layer of immersion from the game, Cyan should notice that it is undesirable by some individuals.

This post makes even less sense than the lecture I sat through in Organic Chemistry II today. Fortunately, there are no tests over this post, so I think it safe to disregard it.

Move along, move along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Regnad Kcin01 wrote:

Shorter Regnad: I don't like the idea of people optionally having to exit this fantasy world to see who is online.

That's ok. He made it for people who actually want to download it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:03 am 

The critical comments seem to miss the idea that this "tool" can, (and has in the past) given some individuals the power to spoil the efforts of people who have attempted to run complex, story-driven content within the cavern.

...I seem to recall that It was paraphrased by a fan somewhere in these forums that RAWA once might have said that they didn't have a firm release date -- shortest would be 1 year, longest would be 3,4,8 or 10 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Regnad Kcin01 wrote:
The critical comments seem to miss the idea that this "tool" can, (and has in the past) given some individuals the power to spoil the efforts of people who have attempted to run complex, story-driven content within the cavern.

As the person who ran the only [AFAIK] "complex story-driven content within the cavern" during this itteration, I don't see how this tool spoils anything, nor have I heard of any such spoilage, nor can I imagine such spoilage.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next