It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:17 am 

Site's down. Again. :( Not sure how long, but it was up yesterday.

In case you haven't been keeping up, we've had no contact with the Mysteriacs in four months, and no real info on the movie's progress for even longer, presumably due to non-disclosure agreements.

*sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:06 am 
Obduction Backer

I was just coming to post that! Anyways, I'm convinced it's a publicity stunt. Time will tell... :D

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was just looking for it yesterday evening but it wouldn't load. 8 or 9 pm pst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Still nothing. Although the comments feed still works. http://feeds.mystmovie.com/mystmovie-comments

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Site's back; nothing new though.

Post subject: Myst Movie..?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:37 am 

It's common knowledge that some guys were trying to get together a Myst movie, based around Book of Ti'ana, had a script and were touting it to various Hollywood studios.

Their website has had no updates since October, but there has been no real progression with this project since May last year.

Does anyone know what the current status is with this? Has it been abandoned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

The last several updates were along the lines that they can't post more updates because everything they do has to be secret now. That level of secrecy doesn't really mean much one way or the other, but they could definitely still be working on it and we wouldn't know. It's probably still in the slow restructuring process that they talked about in the last update when they could tell us anything. It did sound like the script would have to be significantly rewritten, which can take a very long time. I wouldn't worry but I also wouldn't expect to hear anything anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:34 pm 
The script'd still better resemble what's in the book, else a perfectly good opportunity'll've been ruined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:42 pm 

Just remembe, will not match exactly...Something can be written in a novel, but not scripted or actually filmed for a movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:29 am 

Actually, in one of the last updates, they talked about possibly looking beyond the Book of Ti'ana to other parts of Myst canon for story options. They just never got around to changing that "Book of Ti'ana" banner on the home page. Hopefully that doesn't put any damper on your enthusiasm (at least, no more of a damper than having no news for nearly a year... :roll: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here's the latest news on the project. iSmartMan had the chance to speak to Rand after the Smithsonian Art of Video Games "Pioneers" panel. This was his message over at the Myst Movie site:

iSmartMan wrote:
Hey guys! Just got back from the opening of the Smithsonian Video Games exhibit, and was present at the discussion panel including Rand Miller! I didn’t get a chance to see the actual exhibit (I’ll report back in a few days), but I did get a quick chance to ask Rand to remind MFG to update this blog. His response was “That’s not the Myst movie guys, that’s Hollywood!” with a chuckle. So, we can at least safely assume that these guys are still being held down by NDAs and haven’t forgotten about us. Huzzah!

So at least things are still ticking. Also, those who follow Delve Films on Vimeo have discovered a Warner Brothers logo made for a movie pitch. In it, the concept art for D'ni is very visible. I find the logo to be a masterful work of art. This in fact must be from this pitch. (Which we now know failed.)You can find the video on Vimeo here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for posting the link to that logo video, Trekluver. If I'd unexpectedly seen a trailer in the theater starting that way, I'd be needing a change of clothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:56 pm 

Wafna wrote:
Thanks for posting the link to that logo video, Trekluver. If I'd unexpectedly seen a trailer in the theater starting that way, I'd be needing a change of clothing.

Now THAT'S FUNNY!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:16 pm 

Posting for hope. Nothing new whatsoever. Hopefully they announce it December 21st :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Oh Mysteriacs! Please oh please rain some news-y goodness down on us! :cry:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next