It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi guys. Just wanted to fill everyone in; do not visit the Myst Movie site until further notice. Their updates have been lax for so long now that the site has been infected with malware (Most likely due to an outdated version of WordPress.).

In the mean time, the commenters have migrated over to http://mystmoviefans.wordpress.com/ where the comments will continue until this issue is resolved. I have confidence that this will give them an excuse to give us some sort of an news, but I suppose only time will tell. I'll keep everyone posted on any changes. :)

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:38 am 
Obduction Backer

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:41 pm 

At least we've got something now. It seems mystmovie.com has been taken offline.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:49 pm 

Here is a direct link for the Mysteriacs update;

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=387505

The site is back up still not safe to visit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 pm 

Adrian has given an update on the Myst movie site, apparently there is more to this

the site appears to now be safe to visit and is no longer blacklisted

http://mystmovie.com/2012/07/23/myst-opportunity/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:27 am 

It also appears to have been deleted. The site just comes up as a blank white page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Look here: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25855

I suspect that this is related.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:53 am 

As I can't post this in the relevant thread, what with it being locked and removed (and I'm not going into a debate about censorship),
I'd just like to say that I think maybe the reason the thread about the Myst Movie update was removed was that some people, who for reasons they feel perfectly justified in, started to criticise Cyan. I am not surprised something happened, as it's never wise to bite the hand that feeds you (metaphorical in this sense, but I refer to the forum and MOULa).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
As I can't post this in the relevant thread, what with it being locked and removed (and I'm not going into a debate about censorship),
I'd just like to say that I think maybe the reason the thread about the Myst Movie update was removed was that some people, who for reasons they feel perfectly justified in, started to criticise Cyan. I am not surprised something happened, as it's never wise to bite the hand that feeds you (metaphorical in this sense, but I refer to the forum and MOULa).

vs

Chogon wrote:
I'm removing this thread because I was requested by both sides of this issue to do so. At least until they have worked things out. And it is not because of what any of the fans have posted.

You were saying? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:13 am 

Alien wrote:

Is an opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Let's not jump to conclusions, people - we've had some pretty fierce debates and said some nasty things before. I think if Chogon says that it wasn't because of what we've said, we can trust that he's telling the truth. I think it's so that Adrian and Isaac can work things out on their own, then come to some sort of agreement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alien wrote:
Alien wrote:

Is an opinion.

And we all know what they say about opinions... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Let's be optimistic and see this as a potential sign that they will work things out - and in a bright, shiny world, to our satisfaction, not just theirs. :wink:

Perhaps they will agree to shift the focus from BoT to BoA so that Myst Island and Riven will be included in the story. Ideally, they would have Adrian & Patrick serve as Executive Producers to ensure that canon is preserved. And, then, maybe Adrian and Patrick can produce BoT later as a prequel. That's my ideal scenario. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was so delighted and inspired when I heard the song below today for the first time as it
so fits the situation and the now going negotiations and/or workings out or whatsoever ...
You can also read the lyrics below the video and you will smile ... :)

So, with many hugs and Blessings I pass the FLAME to all at Cyan as well as to
our Adrian and Patrick ... Please, listen to this if you like and feel inspired ... Enjoy ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:34 pm 

@Alien, censorship appears unlikely since Adrian was the only one who should have been able to tak down Mystmovie.com, since he chose to do so it indicates that mutual consent was reached about the taking down of the posts.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next