It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was mainly saying that for Pokemon's sake.

And what you said brings up the idea of an app site. However that can come MUCH later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks tan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

So after playing around a bit I found a iOS Development solution for us windowsluvers. (see what I did. :) )

http://www.airplaysdk.com/

And it looks as if all at once you can develop not only for iOS but also Android, Windows Mobile and webOS. Pretty neat if you ask me. We may get you on the bandwagon yet OHB. :)

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:27 am 
Obduction Backer

Trekluver wrote:
I came up with a name for this app: D'nipedia.

Yeah, you wouldn't be the first one to come up with that...

Just sayin'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:22 am 

Alahmnat wrote:
Trekluver wrote:

Heh. :) Yeah, that name has definitely been used for years already; sorry, Trekluver. ;)

So, since my name has been brought up a few times: yeah, we've had some rather intense server troubles, but things seem to be stabilizing now. MYSTlore itself isn't quite back yet as we've had other priorities, but I'll get to that once I have time.

I'm not sure the effort it takes to offline-cache is worth it especially for an "always online" device like the iPhone, but that's up to whoever decides to write it. OHB asked me for an offline copy of all data just for tinkering, and I assume it's because of this thread; I'm sorry but it will likely be a few more days.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

chucker wrote:
I'm not sure the effort it takes to offline-cache is worth it especially for an "always online" device like the iPhone, but that's up to whoever decides to write it. OHB asked me for an offline copy of all data just for tinkering, and I assume it's because of this thread; I'm sorry but it will likely be a few more days.

Oh, I would like a copy of that data too :)

Minor correction: iOS is used in devices which are not always connected, see iPod touch and iPad.

One thing I want to say is this: this shouldn't have EVERYTHING Myst/Uru related in it. A Myst Journey app could be its own app. We should keep this clean and to the point -- that is, an app where you can quickly find everything you need to know about the D'ni universe and the Myst games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

chucker wrote:
OHB asked me for an offline copy of all data just for tinkering, and I assume it's because of this thread; I'm sorry but it will likely be a few more days.

To be fair, I've been meaning to ask for it for a long time. There are several uses I'm considering, not the least is OHBot. There's also getting it translated via the ULP...but to do that I'd need to create a mechanism for importing the data in the system and coming up with a way to handle translations after edits.

That being said, I could convert the data into a format idea for this iOS application too...or into a static mobile-friendly website...or whatever.

There are other considerations here, but this is the first step.

dragossh wrote:
Oh, I would like a copy of that data too :)

If I get an OK from Chucker on this, I can host it and make it available to download.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alahmnat wrote:
Trekluver wrote:

Just sayin'.

Oh man! I fell like I just plagiarized someone. Guess we'll come up with something else. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

chucker wrote:
Alahmnat wrote:
Trekluver wrote:

Heh. :) Yeah, that name has definitely been used for years already; sorry, Trekluver. ;)

So, since my name has been brought up a few times: yeah, we've had some rather intense server troubles, but things seem to be stabilizing now. MYSTlore itself isn't quite back yet as we've had other priorities, but I'll get to that once I have time.

I know it's not a priority but when you get MYSTlore back up can you add the mobile wiki template? I have an idea that just might work. See you can use iOS web apps to make a online version of the site with your own navigation bar and in full screen outside safari. Check out this site:
http://openappmkt.com
And
Http://Fullscreen.me

Then pin it to your homescreen and wa-la! You have a web app. We discussed this idea before but only a web master for the site can do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Trekluver wrote:
chucker wrote:
Alahmnat wrote:
Trekluver wrote:

I know it's not a priority but when you get MYSTlore back up can you add the mobile wiki template? I have an idea that just might work. See you can use iOS web apps to make a online version of the site with your own navigation bar and in full screen outside safari. Check out this site:
http://openappmkt.com
And
Http://Fullscreen.me

Then pin it to your homescreen and wa-la! You have a web app. We discussed this idea before but only a web master for the site can do it.

Wait, scratch that idea. Apparently the Wikipedia app in the app store is open source meaning we can just reskin it, change the icon, change the web page to Mystlore and wa-la! Instant encyclopedia for Pokemon. And , if Christian don't mind, he could submit it to the app store. That's killing two birds with one stone if you ask me! Only other thing would be chucked adding a mobile template to make it work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:46 pm 

Trekluver wrote:
.....Wait, scratch that idea. Apparently the Wikipedia app in the app store is open source meaning we can just reskin it, change the icon, change the web page to Mystlore and wa-la! Instant encyclopedia for Pokemon. And , if Christian don't mind, he could submit it to the app store. That's killing two birds with one stone if you ask me! Only other thing would be chucked adding a mobile template to make it work.

That sounds remarkably easy!
:lol:

I hope its as good as it sounds...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

1.hmm.. but we'd have to reformat the pages too
2. I guess i need a data copy too
3. Fullscreen.me can only be used by the webmaster? OOPS please tel me it ain't so

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

pokemon71096 wrote:
1.hmm.. but we'd have to reformat the pages too
2. I guess i need a data copy too
3. Fullscreen.me can only be used by the webmaster? OOPS please tel me it ain't so

To Clarify:

1: The pages would only need a mobile wiki template added to it which would only take a little while for chucker.
2: I can get you a data copy of the Wikipedia iOS app. (in unpacked form) I'll get that soon. Or if you want the ipa just get it through iTunes on your computer.
3: I was talking about if chucker made a MYSTlore web app. It would have to use the same code that fullscreen.me uses but I think this is a much better idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ok, I extracted the application files.

Had to change the file Wikipedia Mobile.sinf because it contained personal data related to my iTunes. Hope Someone knows how to make sense of this. I can't get some of the files to open in my plist editor.

[edit] File deleted after tanshin's suggestion.

Last edited by Trekluver on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

i have the app, actually. I can't do anything with your files as i am not a programmer. I should have said when i saw your previous post: I meant chucker's information

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next