It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

I know, there are people out there who aren't fans of Nintendo, but I really think this is something worth looking at. One of the key points that Mr. Iwata focused on in his keynote was the huge divergence of gaming from primarily consoles to a new social networking and mobile platform. He talks a bit about how game design has evolved and what his concerns are with the current way game design is being approached. I must say, I agree with most, if not all, of his points.

It's definitely worth watching.

http://gdc2011.nintendo.com/

If you don't like flash based video players, use this URL in a media player:
http://media.nintendo.com/gdc2011/_ui/flv/gdc2011.mp4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Gotta love Nintendo. Their approach to games these days is under attack by companies like Zenga and Apple. But I still think The House Of Mario (and Samus, Picachu, Starfox, Kirby and Donkey Kong) will be around to fight the fight and make awesome games.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I still love that motto: "Content is king"

And of course, you could apply that to Uru. Sure there isn't NEW content, but the amount of content that is there is astounding. I think it's that level of content and detail that Uru and all the Myst games have that make them so awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:24 am 
Obduction Backer

I think this just about sums up Nintendo. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUTl1vEG62Q

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:09 am 
Obduction Backer

tanshin wrote:
And of course, you could apply that to Uru. Sure there isn't NEW content, but the amount of content that is there is astounding. I think it's that level of content and detail that Uru and all the Myst games have that make them so awesome.

I agree...so what happened to Red Orb ... lol

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:28 am 
Obduction Backer

it's nice that we got DK and Kirby recently, but they kinda droped the ball on Other M and third party support, while improving, is still rather lackluster. fortunately the big N has their own solid line up. to me, skyward sword isn't generating quite the hype TP did.

but, Nintendo's about to drop the bomb with the 3DS and i'm sure it's set to make a splash bigger than the Wii did. third party support for that is impressive, as is the impressive launch line up and titles to follow soon after.

the industry follows Nintendo. they define it. Kennect and Move are Microsoft and Sony's answer to the Wii and they haven't made as near an impact as the Wii did. 3DS seems set to blow minds like you read about and it seems to be garnering the software support to back it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
it's nice that we got DK and Kirby recently, but they kinda droped the ball on Other M and third party support, while improving, it still rather lackluster. fortunately the big N has their own solid line up. to me, skyward sword isn't generating quite the hype TP did.

Well I bought the (D)ust (K)itten and I borrowed my Moms Kirby Vaccum so I guess the use of the Other M isn't going to be useful right now. Now, that big N(eon) would look good up above the mantle but then it might hang well next to the TP..

make it useful...I had to de-code everything you said....

All in fun....

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Trekluver wrote:
I think this just about sums up Nintendo. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUTl1vEG62Q

OMG that's crazy. Something tells me he would NEVER say that today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

that was the line that originally made Reggie a hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Imagine if Cammie had said that. It would just be awkward then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Main_Avvie wrote:
it's nice that we got DK and Kirby recently, but they kinda droped the ball on Other M and third party support, while improving, is still rather lackluster. fortunately the big N has their own solid line up. to me, skyward sword isn't generating quite the hype TP did.

but, Nintendo's about to drop the bomb with the 3DS and i'm sure it's set to make a splash bigger than the Wii did. third party support for that is impressive, as is the impressive launch line up and titles to follow soon after.

the industry follows Nintendo. they define it. Kennect and Move are Microsoft and Sony's answer to the Wii and they haven't made as near an impact as the Wii did. 3DS seems set to blow minds like you read about and it seems to be garnering the software support to back it up.

I wouldn't say all that. DK and Other M are both great. DK sold well over a million copies and Other M, while good, didn't fell like a sequel to Super Metroid. As for Skyward Sword, it's generating the same kind of hype Ocarina of Time did before it's release. I think people imediately get turned off by the art style. The reason Twilight Princess got so much hype was because they only showed bits and pieces of this gritty Zelda game and it got hyped about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

tanshin wrote:
Imagine if Cammie had said that. It would just be awkward then.

If she had said that she would have been liked less. :D Reggie is great; to my knowledge he has atleast two Memes under his belt which is more then average. (the my body is ready meme and the one in the video)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Trekluver wrote:
If she had said that she would have been liked less.

Is that even possible?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]