It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Myst in 3D?
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:43 pm 

Am I the first who thinks of this? It would be wonderful to be able to play Myst in 3D.
But I think putting Uru in 3D will be very difficult because of the free-move avatar (same in Myst 5 if you play in free-move mode).

please give your opinions about this idea.

-roeiboot4

and always remember: D'ni has fallen, but we will not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:21 pm 

I already played URU in 3D :). It was marvelous! In the course of my research project in neuroscience I use a virtual reality environment, presented to my participants through real 3D glasses, not the crappy ones they use at the movies these days (these: http://www.3dvisor.com/). I got to play around with them a lot and even take them home for a few days to get acquainted and learn their limits. Other than the slightly limited field of view they're pretty spiffy.

They have a headtracker connected to windows mouse-system, but since URU does not use the mouse to shift the view that didn't do me much good there. Some other games that use the mouse to move the camera are even more awesome and immersive this way, since you can truely look around (Oblivion was pretty awesome, I stood on Dive rock and jumped off, falling/ragdolling in 3D is sooo good ;)). Still, it was pretty cool strolling through the ages and seeing them somewhat more realistically. 3D vision always gets me a headache after 4 hours or more though, so I think I'd prefer to keep gaming the old fashioned way for the moment. Hopefully they will do something with gaming and augmented reality in the future, resembling the current data cave setups they have in reasearch facilites, but without the headache factor :).

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

I believe some people have played around with Myst and nVidia 3D Vision with fairly positive results (especially with MOUL I believe). There's some stereograms lying around the forums somewhere too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:25 pm 

Mowog, one of our moderators here, used 3D viewing extensively and, a number of years ago, created a great page of URU stereo pairs.

But I'm not sure whether he wants the link posted or not...Mowog, are you there???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Posted in Myst Online Forums > Spoiler-free Discussion
Crossed-eye Stereo Pairs from Uru

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:38 am 

nice 3d Pics!!!
are there also pics you can see with the straight eye (focusing behind the picture) method?

and always remember: D'ni has fallen, but we will not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:58 am 

Myst is already in 3D I was just playing it. :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]