It is currently Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

dragossh wrote:
Unfortunately not too much.

I am working on a better UI right now that will make it easy to see what content has been / has not been added and then i'll work on bug fixes to make the experience better. Hopefully then it'll pick up the pace :)

You may want to talk to OHB about this: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25037 Transliterations would be a good addition to your site and could help keep everything in order with the D'ni language. BTW, I still plan on joining the site when it's ready.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

I talked to OHB about Hevkor a while ago and one of the suggestions was putting both OTS and NTS in there. Once I put the new UI up, they should be there.

So, you're planning to join when it won't blow up when trying to add an example to a word? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Let's play a bit of thread necromancy...
Is Hevkor still actively maintained? Last post was about 7 months ago, so I'm just wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Glad you brought it up. I didn't maintain it lately, because I've been busy with uni, so it's in a bit of a limbo. Still working on the redesign (I'm never satisfied with the outcome so I keep redoing it :P ) which I hope will make the site easier to use and then I plan to provide a simple API to pull data from it. Maybe OHB can find a use for it after all? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Yea, the biggest problem with it in it's current state is the lack of cohesive reference system. There needs to be an active dictionary where you can look at a list and determine what words are already available; and likewise, what words are available as D'ni translations. Once that's available the site will be tremendous.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:30 am 
This dictionary is regularly updated as new insights are made.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah and hope you all had a great weekend with the MOULa and Gehn Shard birthday parties!

It's been more than a year since I had the idea of improving the state of D'ni dictionaries on the web with a modern, user-friendly dictionary. Since then, Hevkor hasn't received much love due to various factors: real world getting in the way, not being happy with how the final version was shaping up (and re-re-re-doing the theme for about 3 or 4 times… I'm not a good designer!), and playing with various other projects and technologies.

However, as a treat to the community for Uru's 10th birthday and MOULa's 3rd birthday, since the middle of January I've started cleaning up and tweaking the codebase and the theme, and I'm pretty happy with the result now: a clean, modern looking, fast and responsive dictionary. There's even a mobile version if you access it via an iOS, Android or Windows Phone device! And better yet, this time it's going to improve at a faster pace and it's not going to go away!

Now, before y'all jump on me asking "but where's the content?": for the past 15-20 days I've been concentrating on getting the app itself up and running. Now that it is, the next step is to get content in there. I'll slowly add new stuff over the coming weeks and months from various sources over the web.

If you're not satisfied with the pace, you can help too! Just sign up for a free account (afraid not, I will not spam your inbox!) and you'll be good to go.

So go ahead -- click this very attractive link and have a play around. See you there!

- dragossh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 pm 
Looks nice. I've signed up, and will start populating it soon-ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cool! Like others, I saved a copy of the D'ni Dictionary, so I'm using that.

I inadvertently entered an adverb (tsahn) as a noun, but I can't correct it.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 pm 
You know you've been in the Cavern too long when...
- You can populate a D'ni dictionary from memory.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3