It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:55 pm 

It has been a long time since I've played any of the Myst games. I'm currently in Uru Complete Chronicles and just completed the Ages Beyond Myst storyline. I can't for the life of me remember which tree is activated by Yeesha's page. I have tried deactivating the page, linking back, reactivating, and linking back again, but I cannot see any difference in Relto regardless of this page's activity. Could it be a glitch? Or, am I missing something obvious?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:17 pm 

The tree from the page found in Kadish Tolesa grows over time. At the beginning it is as small as the normal trees. IIRC it grows by one "stage" once per week, and it only becomes noticeable after a few stages. In Uru Live you can easily find the tree by enabling the Eder Delin trees page, which turns all trees into the trees found in Eder Delin, except for the one added by the Kadish Tolesa tree page. In Uru CC that isn't possible though.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:19 pm 

Hi & Welcome!

Although this forum is for the Online URU, you seem to be a new member so I'll answer your question nevertheless. It's not a biggy since the Yeesha Page you're referring to is also available on the Online version.

That tree is the "pine tree". It grows each 2 weeks for 3 months I think. There are 6 steps.

The first 2 weeks, you won't even see it. It will grow up to its mature state. The toggle between active/inactive doesn't affect its grow. The game remember the date when you clicked on the page in Kadish Tolesa. The calculations start at that moment in time.

Once the mature state is attained, the tree will always stay the same for as long as you keep your installation of URU offline/online. If you create a new avatar, the process will have to be done again.

I hope it will help you. :)

-----
One week or two weeks stages, I'm not 100% sure but the rest of my explanations stand.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:47 pm 

Thank you both. As I said it has been a long time since I've played any of the Myst games. I realise this forum is for Uru live, so I figured I should ask about the original Uru in the off-topic section. ;) I hope this was right. While I have been a member since 2010, I have not been active in the forums (lurking mostly on and off over the years), nor have I played Uru live yet. I think that when I joined, though cannot now recall definitively, the online version was in between stages and there was no actual online gameplay available. I am excited to get started now, though! :D

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Shorah, daetinuviel and welcome to the community!

It's fine that you posted here, but are you aware of the new Cyan forums that have sections for all the Myst games? Your account here carries over to those forums. (You will need to join the Explorers group there, though (see How to Post). Just thought you'd like to know about that.

Hope you enjoy continuing your journey online.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:04 pm 

Accounts are shared between the MOUL and Cyan forums (to a certain extent), including user groups. If you can post on the MOUL fourms, you *should* be able to use the Cyan forums as well.