It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
w00t! That was one of the best parties I have ever been to in Uru! :D Yesterday's Stress Test on the Minkata shard was a great success. We had 38 participants and crashed the server five times! 8)

Testers are a special breed of people. They enjoy doing their best to try to break something for the purpose of discovering its weaknesses so it can be improved for others. And, we broke quite a few things yesterday. :lol:

The Minkata shard can always use more testers, so if this sounds like fun to you, please consider signing up. No technical knowledge or experience is required, just an ability to follow directions. See the Minkata Shard Testers Guide (in laymen's terms) for more information. Hope to see you at the next stress test. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:18 pm 
Very impressive. A whole 5 crashes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:54 pm 

Sorry, I almost totally forgot about it. I showed way late in the window. :(

Unrelated to the stresstest, as I am filling my character, I have bombed out more often (it seems) than in 902. Happens often during jump out of bahro caves. Also happens during links to relto. Doesn't seem to happen during links from relto.

Screen goes black, no action, nothing, except I can tell there is a window by moving my cursor around to describe the size and shape of it. Occasionally I will find the box to click to stop the game. Then it clears out as expected, but it is a blind maneuver. I assume text in that black on black box is telling me that URU has stopped responding...blah blah blah

Post subject: cheers!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:38 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Testers are a special breed of people.
... No technical knowledge or experience is required, just an ability to follow directions.

I enjoyed being part of the stress test yesterday. There were very few directions to follow or required things to do, besides showing up -- and remembering to kill the UruLauncher process after a Net6 and await notification for when the server was rebooted. Having multiple channels of communication was vital for getting announcements out to players, and I applaud the use of the IRC chat along with the forum and the radio station.

As my daughter would say after an amusement park ride ended, "Again!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:52 am 

If you do it again maybe you can invite some Gray Hats ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 am 

OK!
So now I have signed up and am ready for the next stress test whatever!
Just incidentally. Do you generally use 'same avvie'. I mean I feels kind of cruel to deliberately subject him to the stress of imploding worlds. (Yes I'm joking again)

I guess I'll be Frej or Joxaren (or his son)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

No new stress test has been scheduled, yet. But another batch of fixes is in the pipeline to be added to Minkata soon.

_R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:40 am 
Obduction Backer

It was great fun and I look forward to more :D

Oh, I forget silly me. Will Phil's Relto dock be fixed soon????? Occupy Minkata wants to know. We want our fireworks! We want our fireworks! We want our fireworks! ....... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Unfortunately, some people missed all the fun of the stress test because they couldn't log in because they didn't know they needed to update their MOULA files because somehow they didn't get the message which was posted in the PING thread. So, here's just a little reminder of a few important things all testers need to do:

:!: Register to the OpenUru.org forum.

:!: Read the Minkata Shard Testers Guide (in laymen's terms).

:!: Subscribe to the PING thread so you can receive e-mail notifications of important information which may affect your testing.

:!: Review the Minkata test shard section at the OU forums occasionally to keep informed of updates and changes.

I look forward to seeing even more of you participating in the next stress test! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you participated in the Stress Test on Feb 18th, the OpenUru.org team invites you to drop in to their chat session on Friday, March 16th at 1:30PM MST (8:30PM GMT) in OU chat to share information about your experience during the test.

Please see this thread at OU for more details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:26 pm 

Thanks for the info :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:40 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Please note that the dates are for the weekend after this weekend. Mark your calendars. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:47 pm 

Umm...I didn't participate in the Stress Test. I was planning to attend as a member of Uru press corps, if I can.
You're not against Internet Free Speech & Press, are you?

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

*thump* -- Just a reminder about tomorrow's follow up to the stress test.

Tai'lahr wrote:
If you participated in the Stress Test on Feb 18th, the OpenUru.org team invites you to drop in to their chat session on Friday, March 16th at 1:30PM MDT (7:30PM GMT, 8:30PM CET) in OU chat to share information about your experience during the test.

Please see this thread at OU for more details.

All testers who participated in the stress test are encouraged to attend this if at all possible.

And, Nev'yn is welcome, too. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks to all of the Minkata shard testers who attended the Stress Test Follow Up meeting last Friday and contributed their experiences to the discussion. The OpenUru Team (mostly rarified, Adam, Branan, and Christian Walther, but JWPlatt, Mac_Fife & Marten were also in attendance) met in WebEx the next day "to consider log data and feedback from the testers with the aim of refining bug descriptions, identifying fixes, etc., for the Minkata shard and MOSS/CWE in general."

By the end of the meeting, the consensus was that it would be useful to have more information provided by the testers. So, for the next stress test, rarified will let the testers know beforehand what specific information he needs and how they can find it in their logs and how they can submit it.

A tentative date for the next stress test was discussed, but it hasn't been confirmed, yet. Of course, I'll post it as soon as it is. Also, some fun ideas are being considered for the test in hopes that even more explorers will join us then. If you'd like to join us, but haven't registered to the Minkata shard, yet, here's your ticket. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next