It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:56 am 

I wish Cyan Worlds would create a Mac version for Uru Live Again and get Mac people back into the game.

Sincerely

Christopher910

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Mac install... i have been using wineskin with good results. http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is off-topic in this thread, but…
Christopher910 wrote:
I wish Cyan Worlds would create a Mac version for Uru Live Again and get Mac people back into the game.

They have, kinda. The one they created for MOUL still works. Instructions are in the MO:ULagain specs/Mac-friendly? and Myst Live on Mac?? threads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:14 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Rarified has announced an update to the Minkata test shard for tonight that incorporates Skoader's fixes as a result of recent testing of his physics overhaul.

http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=830

Please join us. This physics overhaul needs a lot of testing to warrant its inclusion in the next update. Do you like to kick leaves in Kadish, easily move baskets around in Gira, effortlessly push rocks onto Teledahn pressure plates, or kick sticks and stones in Relto? Then this is for you.

As a bonus, there are special events like music streaming and contests for you to enjoy:
See Tai'lahr's post: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26027

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:29 pm 

I'd like to join the tests. But somehow I can't reinstall Minkata. Right now I have an account, I can run Cyan's MOULa; but I seem to be unable to find a link that would enable me to get Minkata running again. All I need would be .zip that would enable me to download an .exe to some folder with the MOULa files in it. Started some while back and I never have been able to get back to Minkata shard... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you already have a Minkata account, start here: http://foundry.openuru.org/forms/download.php
If you don't have a Minkata account, start here: http://foundry.openuru.org/forms/

One of those should have what you need.

_R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 pm 

Will try this soonishest - thanks man. AND (as a pure piece of informattion) Google was unable to spill out that kind of information (or was unwilling to :evil: ) to me... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:08 pm 

Shorah everyone,

I'm back since a week online on Minkata shard only. We have been through 3 updates in a short lapse of time. Currently the version is Minkata.68.

I just want to mention for those who don't follow openuru.org forum & developments that if this update is pushed forward on the main server...

we will loose the ability to do combo jumping & the ability to do zip line launches (e.g. lamp at the top of the Great Stairs)

---

On the other hand, the normal gameplay has been greatly improved which was the main goal the community wanted.

---

If you are planning to make skydiving marker quests or play such quests, you won't have many choice in few weeks/months: migrate to the skydiving external client.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Annabelle, your testing on the Minkata shard has been invaluable. I know, it's ironic that you're helping to find the things you love so they can be removed, but I hope you find some consolation in the knowledge that these fixes improve the game for those that want to play it as it was meant to be played and that can help to prolong Uru's life. The way I see it, you're just being challenged to find new glitches. :wink:

All of the testers on the Minkata shard are valuable and deeply appreciated, but we could use more like you with boundless inquisitiveness and ingenuity. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:35 pm 

My approach on testing is "putting myself in an alpha player skin". I do feel a major improvement on normal gameplay which was what the community wants.

For the skydiving stuffs, they will remain on alternative clients (skydiving client, marker editor client) or will have to evolve on main client.

I'm not furious, there are alternatives. I'm reworking my 3 quests on Minkata shard these days, this way I can see what we have lost or what we have gained with the changes.

My general feeling is that it's looking more and more like URU:CC with some added possibilities (lesser than before if you compare with old 1.906 but more than URU:CC).

It will be fun to see the variety of gameplays on the MOULa server, every clients with its own possibilities. Some explorers will be able to do zip line launches while other won't even be able to do them.

Improved gameplay on MOULa default client
Traditional glitching on Skydiving client
"Monkey Climbing" glitching on Marker Editor client
Magical stuffs on Fun House Internal client

all on the main server... I don't call that a bad situation at all :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:32 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Hi folks,

Chogon has not had the opportunity to start building the next update, originally scheduled for this Monday's reset, but Skoader's physics update is so promising that Mark likes the idea of waiting for Skoader to complete the changes. Please continue your awesome work testing them.

Chogon also says we do not have to wait for a reset (it's just more convenient), so as soon as the changes and testing are done, and Chogon can build the new updates into MOULa, we'll get a MOULa update out to you for your enjoyment.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 am 
Obduction Backer

After reviewing all the information submitted by the testers over the last few weeks, Skoader has made more fixes and submitted a new update for testers to try out. Please see: Minkata Shard Update Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 [Minkata.71]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

ZestyOfXeniphers wrote:
Kirk and I downloaded Minkata shard and it asked us to: "Now find your existing MOULagain installation folder and copy (do not "move") the avi, dat, and sfx folders into the new folder." But MOULagain installation folder cannot be opened. I do have the URU LIVE folder on my computer but it doesn't contain the sfx folder. It has avatars, Init, KIimages, Log and tocpatch.V3.zip folders. So what do we do now and where do we go to find sfx folder?

You need the installation folder and I've never heard of it not being able to be opened. Maybe you need to run as admin? Perhaps a better answer can be found elsewhere in this thread or in the OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Hi folks,

We might need quite a bit of testing on the Minkata Test Shard at OpenUru.org through the weekend to qualify an upcoming update to MOULa. It could determine just how much is included, and we'd really like to have that decision ready for Cyan Worlds by Monday. You can test the current update right now, but please stay alert for possibly more tomorrow and over the weekend. We'd be most grateful if you could join the effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:26 am 

I have not been able to get it to update...sits at update screen forever....any suggestions?

KI #03313934

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next