It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:35 pm 

It is my sad duty to report the passing of my friend, fellow beta tester and Myst series fan Jason "Ja'run" Bobyarchick, on August 29, 2019 at the age of 34. Ja'run was a victim of gun violence. I have requested the addition of his name to the cavern memorial.

Ja'run was a quiet, thoughtful, kind and gentle person. His favorite ages were Teledahn and Eder Delin (both versions) and we spent many hours chatting and getting to know each other in those ages. Uru allowed two people from very different backgrounds (he was a student, I am a house husband), ages (I was 18 years older then Jason) and physical locations (Jason lived in Alabama, I live in British Columbia) to become close friends. Our friendship lasted thirteen years, from his early 20's and my late 30's until his mid 30's and my early 50's.

We were both a bit at odds with our offline lives when we met because we were very different from many of those around us, due to our intelligence and emotional sensitivity as people. Uru gave us the chance to find each other and many people of like mind as friends. We both loved all the Myst games. Through the sense of community it brought us, Uru made us better people.

Ja'run and I joined the beta team as testers back in 2006. We worked with several other explorers to do bug hunting in the various original ages of Uru to prepare it for the Gametap release as well as working on later ages, such as Minkata, once Uru was active. It was our first time with any kind of MMORPG and what we experienced changed us both for the better.

I am grieving, deeply, for the loss of my friend, yet I can say that we were (and are) grateful to have had our time together as part of the Uru community. Although we moved on to other things as time passed, we never forgot that the cavern was where we first came together.

Shorah to Ja'run, my friend.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

sighs loud.....

Membre du quartier Mystpedia - KI 9392
Alts : EG Jan (gone) / Sleeper Jan KI (coming soon)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Please Cyan, place this person on the Memorial in the City. I did not know them but it seems they had touched other peoples lives in not only a profound way but a more personal one. /me prays for Ja'run

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422